Here’s our essential full guide to the next Hearthstone expansion: Journey to Un’Goro. This guide will feature cards, gameboard art, announcement and trailer video, card back art, general artwork, and more! I’ll be updating this guide immediately following the release of any new information. Be sure to bookmark this page to keep up-to-date!
- (4-1-17 – 2:45pm PDT): Added Wonders of Un’Goro video and E. Malone’s Journal.
- (3-31-17 – 4:15pm PDT): All cards have been added!
Journey to of Un’Goro Hearthstone Expansion Quick Information
- Release Date: April 6th, 2017
- New Cards: 135 in total!
- Two Legendaries for each class (one being a Quest Legendary card), and five Neutral Legendaries.
- More card reveals will happen on March 17th.
- Pre-Purchase: 50 Journey to Un’Goro card packs for $49.99 USD and receive the Fossil card back. This is available in-game now, check out Amazon Coins to save money (Amazon is offering 500 free coins for pre-purchase Journey to Un’Goro!)!
- New Tribe: Elementals – 18 Old cards will be receiving this tag as well.
- Elemental Tag Added List: Water Elemental, Anomalus, Ragnaros, Lightlord, Lightspawn, Dust Devil, Unbound Elemental, Fireguard Destroyer, Rumbling Elemental, Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, Neptulon, Al'Akir the Windlord, Arcane Anomaly, Ice Rager, Magma Rager, Frost Elemental, Baron Geddon, and Ragnaros the Firelord.
- New Mechanic: Quest – Each Quest will have prerequisites listed on it—should you complete them, you’ll be granted incredible rewards! Quest cards are Legendary, so you can only have one in your deck, and they’ll always appear in your opening hand.
- New Mechanic: Adapt – The new Adapt keyword allows a minion to become infused with elemental power, granting it new properties. Similar to the discover mechanic, you will be presented with three options when you play a card with Adapt. You can choose one of these three options to immediately buff your minion.
I’ve moved all clarifications to this post: Journey to Un’Goro Card Clarifications, FAQs, & Interactions.
Journey to Un’Goro Cards
The list below represents how the rarities are likely to shake out, but as cards are revealed the totals may be different at the end of the day.
Stegodon is a collectible card as well as the card that spawns from Spikeridged Steed.
You will be able to choose one of three randomly chosen options below (Discover Mechanic).
Journey to Un’Goro Gameboard
Journey to Un’Goro Announcement Video/Trailer
Trailer Card Art
Keep in mind that the cards below aren’t all going to be for the Warlock class. Every trailer in the past has featured cards like this and they are always Legendary and Warlock.
Journey to Un’Goro Card Backs
Journey to Un’Goro Lore
Wonders of Un’Goro Episodes
Wonders of Un’Goro is a live action lore-esque video series that will have multiple episodes and follows Professor George H. Doyle on his expedition to the Un’Goro Crater.
E. Malone’s Expedition Journal
Before the Wonders of Un’Goro video series was revealed, E. Malone’s Expedition Journal was released. E. Malone appears to be behind the camera in the Wonders of Un’Goro videos.
Journey to Un’Goro Artwork
I’ve added all of the full card artwork to this post: Journey to Un’Goro Full Card Artwork Roundup!
If you’re looking for more wallpaper check out this post: Journey to Un’Goro Wallpaper.
Un’Goro Crater Lore
If you have never played World of Warcraft, or it’s been a long time since you’ve visited Azeroth then let me help explain to you a bit about the zone.
Un’Goro Crater is a large lush jungle that hosts some unusual wildlife, including and most famously… DINOSAURS. This includes Devilsaurs (basically King Krush), Raptors (basically Bloodfen Raptor), Diemetradons, Stegodons (Stegosaurus) and more! Silithid, which are another group of creatures that reside in Un’Goro Crater, inhabit The Slithering Scar and have been seen in the form of the Silithid Swarmer.
Other creatures include Bloodpetals, Elementals, Gorillas, Oozes, Tar Beasts, and Golems!
So what can we expect from a Hearthstone expansion set in this crazy place? I would imagine a focus on Beasts/Dinosaurs, which should make any Hunter and maybe Druid players excited. Other than that, it would be hard to know because the Hearthstone team likes to spin their own flavor onto these expansions and take them in different directions.
Journey to Un’Goro Leaks/Teasers
Jumping into the Crater
Ben Brode tweeted another clue, showing a World of Warcraft character about to take a leap into the Un’Goro Crater!
Ready to jump! pic.twitter.com/MQCPzqkqIt
— Ben Brode (@bdbrode) February 26, 2017
Ben Brode Goes to the Jungle
Ben Brode tweeted about making a video on Monday, which in itself wasn’t really news, but the following day he tweeted a picture of himself in-front of a Jungle like area that all but confirmed that we’d be getting the announcement of Un’Goro soon.
Looking forward to Monday! pic.twitter.com/kxNZBTTNP6
— Ben Brode (@bdbrode) February 25, 2017
Year of the Mammoth Reveal
The Year of the Mammoth was recently revealed and a slew of new information was released along with it. One of the interesting updates was the announcement that there would now be three expansions instead of two expansions and an adventure during the year. Along with this announcement came an image that pretty much confirming a jungle like expansion, and also gave slight clues to the following expansion.
Expansion Name Leaked by Voice Actor
Everyone knew an expansion was coming, but generally we don’t know what lies ahead until we start to see some teasers. This, however, was an unusual circumstance where a Redditor (content and username were deleted, but the comments remain) found a voice actor’s resume that not only contained the name “Lost Secrets of Un’Goro” but also the names of the cards that they voiced: Golakka Crawler, Pteradactyl, Anklesaur, Hydra, and Brontosaurus.
Turns out that Lost Secrets of Un’Goro wasn’t the finalized name as it eventually was changed to Journey to Un’Goro.