The temperature is low, but the tensions are high on this storied battlefield, where the Horde and the Alliance fight for honor and shards of a fallen naaru. The two factions are locked in eternal battle, and have put out a call for new Heroes to help turn the tide. Take key Objectives and secure Honorable Kills to help your faction claim victory! The conflict is inevitable, and you must pick a side. So come, claim your place as a champion among those who are Fractured in Alterac Valley!
- Release Date – December 7, 2021
- 135 New Cards – Reveal schedule here!
- New Keyword – Honorable Kill
- New Mechanic – Objectives
- Hero Cards Are Coming Back!
- Horde vs Alliance Event – Choose Your Side And Earn Honor Points!
- Year-Long Narrative – all three 2021 expansions will be connected by their story.
- Two Pre-Purchase Tiers – $49.99 and $79.99
Once again, we’ll have two different pre-order bundles. You can get the bundles here. Here’s what they include and how much they cost:
Fractured in Alterac Valley Pre-Purchase Bundle ($49.99)
- 60 Fractured in Alterac Valley Packs
- Two Random Legendary cards from Fractured in Alterac Valley
- Vanndar Stormpike Card Back
Fractured in Alterac Valley Mega Bundle ($79.99)
- 80 Fractured in Alterac Valley Card Packs
- 5 Golden Fractured in Alterac Valley Card Packs
- 5 Mercenaries Card Packs
- Two Random Golden Legendaries from Fractured in Alterac Valley
- One Random Legendary from Mercenaries
- Vanndar Stormpike Warrior Cosmetic Hero
- Vanndar Stormpike Prestor Card Back
- Battlegrounds Perks
Pre-purchases are available all the way until expansion’s release, but it’s always safer to purchase them a day earlier (December 6 in this case).
Alliance vs Horde Event – Honor Points
After Patch 21.8 launched, each player will swear their allegiance to one of the two factions – Alliance or Horde. The choice will come with a different Golden Legendary you get for free – it will be either Drek'Thar (for Horde) or Vanndar Stormpike (for Alliance).
After expansion launches on December 7, two factions will compete for even more free rewards by playing Hearthstone matches (Constructed, Arena or Duels). Here’s how many Honor Points you can get for activities:
- 10 Honor for every game played
- 10 more Honor for every game won (20 total)
- 20 more Honor for every game won versus an opponent from the enemy faction (40 total)
As you gain honor, you climb the ranks and progress through a Legendary Quest Chain. Everyone who completes the Legendary Quest Chain will get the same amount of rewards INCLUDING the opposing faction’s leader. When the event ends on January 11, every player will get a Diamond copy of the leader from the faction that got more Honor points in total.
New Keyword – Honorable Kill
Honorable kill is a bit similar to the Overkill mechanic introduced a while ago in Rastakhan’s Rumble. However, instead of you needing to deal more than enough damage to kill something, Honorable Kill will trigger when you deal the exact necessary amount of damage. For example, if a minion has 3 health left and you deal 3 damage to it, that’s when the Honorable Kill will trigger.
Honorable Kill will give you a variety of effects, such as buffing your minions, reducing the cost of cards in your hand, and so on. Strategically, you will need to know what kind of damage thresholds there are for popular Honorable Kill cards and try to set up opponent’s minions at that health (if you play them) or try to not leave your own minions at that health (if you play around them).
Most Recently Revealed Cards from Fractured in Alterac Valley
Fractured in Alterac Valley Revealed Card List
If you’re looking for cards from a specific class, click on it below:
Demon Hunter – Druid – Hunter – Mage – Paladin – Priest – Rogue – Shaman – Warlock – Warrior – Neutral
Rarity distribution based on previous expansion, the final version might look slightly different.