This week’s Tavern Brawl is “Ragnaros’ Fire Festival”!
Discuss this Tavern Brawl on our Discord!
Official Description for Ragnaros’ Fire Festival
Defeat your opponent, but if you feed an ever-growing, minion-eating, tiny Fire Lord, there may be a reward in it for you!
Ragnaros’ Fire Festival Chalkboard
- You get one Year of the Phoenix for winning your first game this week.
- It’s the third time we see this Brawl. Last time we’ve seen it on July 18, 2018.
- It’s a PvP Brawl.
- It’s a build your own deck Brawl.
- The Brawl’s format is Wild.
- Mini-Rag starts on the board of the player who goes second and it will fire 1-damage shots (the number is equal to its attack) at the end of each turn, targeting random enemies. Every time it kills a minion, it gains attack. It means that it starts pretty slowly, but after a few kills it will throw a lot of damage around.
- At the end of each turn, it switches sides. When you end your turn, it fires at you and your minions. When the opponent ends yours, it fires at them and their minions.
- Mini-Rag is immune and can’t be killed through usual means, but if something causes Rag to disappear from the board (e.g. Twisting Nether, Psychic Scream etc.), a new one is spawned (but it starts with base stats).
- As Mini-Rag gets more kills, your WoW emote is upgraded. It gets better at 8 (or 10, depending on the source), 30 and 60 kills. You can of course get those across multiple matches, it doesn’t have to be in one. After each Brawl, it displays how much kills you have in total. However, if you already upgraded the emote during the past Festival, you don’t need to do it all over again.
Ragnaros’ Fire Festival Deck Lists
If you Mass Dispel the Rag, it will go back to its base stats and won’t switch sides. It means that your opponent will be stuck with a poor deck built around the Brawl rules and you can just beat them with Big Priest.