Today is the Nozdormu Day! Players are getting a new “Monthly” Quest (it’s really a Daily that you get once a month) that asks them to play 3 games with Nozdormu the Eternal in their deck. The reward is 1500 XP, so it’s definitely worth finishing it.
Heres are the few important things about the Nozdormu Day Quest:
- The Quest is added to your log as your Daily Quest on the 15th of each month. It means that Asia region is getting it first, then Europe, and finally Americas.
- In order to finish it, you need to play 3 games with Nozdormu the Eternal in your deck. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, but conceding early doesn’t count.
- The Quest can be completed in Casual format too if you prefer.
- You don’t have to encounter “Blitz” (15 seconds) matchups to get a finish the Quest. If you play 3 games and none of your opponents has Nozdormu in their deck – that’s also fine, you will still complete it.
- If you really don’t want to play games with Nozdormu, you can just reroll the Quest. But keep in mind that you will most likely reroll it into a 1000 XP Quest, so you’re technically losing 500 XP that way.
Nozdormu Day Decks – June 15, 2023
Of course, you can just add Nozdormu to any deck and still get Quest completions. You don’t need to win your games, so in theory, you can even start a match and go AFK until your opponent kills you. But it’s pretty clear that some builds are better than others when it comes to finishing it.
Decks that work well with Nozdormu are mostly straightforward decks with not a lot of decision-making. You have to think through your turns quickly, so having a clear best thing to do on each turn is good. Decks that curve out well are good, because you don’t have to think much about what you’re going to play, but only about your trades etc. On the other hand, slower decks with more card draw are more likely to not feel the presence of a “dead weigh” in a form of Nozdormu as much – if you draw him in Aggro early game, you’re heavily impaired for the rest of the match. You also get extra points for using it for the Dragon synergy – normally it’s just an 8/8 body, but e.g. if you run some card that synergizes with Dragons, it can get some extra value.
Decks that don’t work well with Nozdormu include ones that play lots of cards during a single turn. For example, a deck with some elaborate combo that takes playing 10 different cards probably won’t work, you might not have enough time to pull it off – sometimes animations are really long! Similarly, decks that generate a lot of extra resources aren’t perfect, especially those with Discover options. It gives you a lot more to think about and each randomly generated card can alter your plan, so it’s hard to think ahead. But they are still playable if you are quick enough.
Here are some examples of decks you can use to finish the Quest this month: