The patch going live doesn’t mean these things are launching, but this is the preparation for the expansion launch. You can however check out the new cards in your collection area, and read all the new Flavor text on the cards!
I hope you were able to grab at least one wing in Blackrock Mountain and League of Explorers because you can on longer purchase them! You can also no longer purchase packs from The Grand Tournament.
I’ll be posting all the information for the patch below, including the notes when they are added.
Hearthstone Update – April 4
This Hearthstone update puts the final touches in place for the Year of the Mammoth and the launch of Hearthstone’s latest expansion, Journey to Un’Goro! We’re also adding a new Rogue Hero, paving the way for Fireside Gathering improvements, and fixing a few bugs.
Read on to learn more!
- The Journey to Un’Goro takes brave explorers on an expedition to a primordial land packed with wonders. . . and danger! It introduces 135 all-new cards—including crackling elementals, gigantic dinosaurs, and a new card type: Quests!
- This update completes preparations for the Year of the Mammoth. The new Hearthstone year begins once Journey to Un’Goro goes live!
- Maiev Shadowsong, a new Rogue Hero, has emerged from the shadows! Win 10 Standard Ranked or Casual mode games after Journey to Un’Goro launches to add her to your collection.
- This update adds functionality to support the upcoming Fireside Gatherings Tavern closed beta test.
- Participation in the closed beta test will be limited to select Fireside Gatherings initially, but we’ll be expanding Taverns to everyone once this phase of testing is complete!
- Taverns UI elements may be present, but non-functional, for some players while this test is under way.
- A new tooltip displays the number of cards in your hand.
- Improved consistency of some card text.
- [Android] You can now download Hearthstone data directly to an SD card during initial installation.
- Bug Fixes
- Jade Spirit will now correctly appear in searches using the term “Jade Golem”.
- When Herald Volazj copies a silenced minion, the copies it creates will now correctly also be silenced.
- Resolved an issue that would make it impossible to cast a spell that costs Health to kill your Hero, even while immune.
- Resolved an issue that would cause casting a 0 mana cost Jade Blossom to still sometimes consume mana.
- Nozdormu’s sandstorm visual will no longer persist if he is returned to a player’s hand.
- Resolved several minor UI and graphics issue
Maiev Shadowsong Rogue Skin
She’s been added to the game, but you’ll have to wait until after the launch of Un’Goro to get her!
Professor Doyle’s adventures continue with the fourth episode of Wonders of Un’Goro!
Journey to Un’Goro is almost here, and one of the exciting things about the expansion is the new Quest mechanic. Each Quest card gives you an insane reward that will be tough for your opponent to overcome! This post will go through the ins-and-outs of the mechanic and hopefully get you read for the big expansion release on April 6th, 2017!
General Quest Mechanic Information
- There are nine quests in total (one for each class).
- Quests are guaranteed to start in your mulligan, and can be sent back to your deck.
- You can only have one Quest in play at any time, but you can complete them multiple times if you can duplicate it!
- Quests are considered spells.
- Quests can’t be found by Discover effects unless the Discover effect targets a deck (and the Quest is in the deck), e.g., Drakonid Operative.
- Quests can’t be generated by cards that randomly put cards in your hand, e.g., Babbling Book.
- Quests CAN be duplicated if they are in your deck by cards like Thoughtsteal and Shadow Visions.
- Quests DO take up a Secret spot (you can have up to five Secrets).
Quest Card & Reward List
Each of the nine Quests have a unique set of circumstances that need to be met to get your powerful reward.
Awaken the Makers
- Much like how Lord Jaraxxus sets your Health to 15, Amara, Warden of Hope literally sets your Health and maximum Health to 40.
- Amara would also work with Lord Jaraxxus and even if you turned yourself into Ragnaros via Majordomo Executus.
- Take note that Awaken the Makers says “Summon” and not “Play”, this means if you spawn a Deathrattle minion on your board with something like Free From Amber it would count towards the Quest.
Awaken the Makers Card Synergy
Priest got two new Deathrattle cards: Crystalline Oracle and Tortollan Shellraiser. You could even find a spot in your deck for the new Spiritsinger Umbra!
The big reveal of all the cards from the Journey to Un’Goro expansion happened last week! We also got the official release date of the expansion: April 6th, 2017!
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay informed!
Gamers Outreach Charity
My friend and HSTD user TacoRocco wanted to highlight the Gamers Outreach Charity in which popular Hearthstone streamers Hotform and Firebat participated!
Professional Hearthstone players Dylan “Hotform” Mullins and James “Firebat” Kostesich raised a total of $6,697 USD for Gamers Outreach this past weekend. This charity uses money raised to “provide children in hospitals with entertainment in the form of video game equipment, technology and software to help them cope with long-term treatment”. As incentives to donate, Hotform promised viewers that he would do the following as he met certain donation goals:
- $1,000: 24 hour stream
- $2,000: Wear a suit on stream for a week
- $2,500: Hearthstone rap on stream
- $3,000: IRL stream
You can watch Hotform and Firebat on Twitch by clicking their names. Also be sure to check them out on Twitter: |
Community Hearthstone Decks
If you haven’t already you can Register and create new decks with our Hearthstone Deck Builder.
These decks are chosen based on originality, popularity, and guide construction. Utilization of all aspects of the deck builder, e.g., Featured Image, Deck Description, and Mulligans makes you far more likely to be chosen.
Lots of great theorycraft decks this week, thanks for all your submissions!