There’s been a lot of questions due to the news of the upcoming standard rotation: Year of the Mammoth. Blizzard has decided to do a second Live Developer’s Insight to hopefully answer some of these. It appears Game Director, Ben Brode and Mike Donais, Principle Game Designer, will be answering the questions. I’ll be covering all of the questions and answers right here in this post!
- First Live Developer’s Insight Liveblog
- Year of the Mammoth Information
Watch the Developer’s Insight Live on Twitch
- Watch the VOD from the Live Developer’s Insight
- Neutral cards doing a lot of healing (Antique Healbot) seem unlikely. Healing and Armor classes will be getting more cards that heal and add armor in the future.
- Purchasing old packs/adventures sounded like it was being worked on.
- Wild rankings are going to be getting their own end of season blog posts.
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer was heavily considered being added to the Hall of Fame.
- The single player content that will be coming in the second expansion this year will be harder and reward packs.
- There will be a blog post coming this week about upcoming Arena changes.
Developer Insights Liveblog – Year of the Mammoth
Keep in mind the entries below are paraphrased and aren’t exact quotes unless they are actually surrounded by quotations.
Refresh the page once the event starts to keep up on the latest questions!
The show’s over folks, thanks for following along with me!
Q: What direction do you plan on heading with Hearthstone in 2017?
A: The team is growing, they are hoping to communicate more with the community and within their own team. Ability to execute on small quality of life things, they are hoping to focus more on that this year. Making Wild a great experience is another thing they are focusing on, and there’s some new features they are excited about in the future.
There’s a lot of questions about Arena, and there is a blog coming this week that will explain certain Arena changes.
Q: What’s your thoughts on healing cards across all classes?
A: Healing can be important because it creates big swings in the game. Reno did a great job at this, but if he was around for a while it wouldn’t be good for the game. They don’t have a lot of plans of adding healing cards in netural, but they will be adding more healing cards to healing classes.