High Priest Thekal is one of the nine bosses you will face in the Rumble Run! Learn some tips and tricks on how-to defeat him, a list of his shrines, and the cards he’ll be using to try and take you down!
How Rumble Run Bosses Work
In the Rumble Run, you will face eight different bosses out of a total of nine. Why is it eight? Because once you pick a shrine, you will not fight against that team/class. So, if you pick a Shaman Shrine, you will not face off against the leader of the Krag’wa’s Frogs, Zentimo.
These bosses will be thrown at you at random. Each time you play, you will face a different order of bosses. That means the difficulty of each boss varies depending on what position you face them. If you fight them early on in the Rumble, they will be a lot easier than they would be if you faced them last.
High Priest Thekal
High Priest Thekal is the leader of the Paladin team called Shirvallah’s Tigers.
The Good Guys. Proud, noble, and maybe a little arrogant. . . They talk big, but they can back it up. They fight honorably because they don’t need to play dirty to win.
High Priest Thekal’s Shrines
Each time you face High Priest Thekal he will be using one of the following Shrines. These are the same Shrines you will get the option of using when you start up a new run.
- Shirvallah's Grace: After you cast a spell on a friendly minion, cast a copy of it on this one.
- Shirvallah's Protection: After a friendly minion survives damage, give it Divine Shield.
- Shirvallah's Vengeance: After your hero takes damage, deal 5 damage to the enemy hero.
High Priest Thekal’s Cards
We’ll add more possible cards in the future, but these are some the unique to Rumble Run cards you will be playing against! Remember that High Priest Thekal’s deck differs with the starting shrine!
- Blessed One: Battlecry: Draw spells until your hand is full.
- Exactor of Justice: Divine Shield. Overkill: Gain Divine Shield.
- Gloryseeker: Whenever this minion takes damage, your hero takes it instead.
- Lightchucker: After a character is healed, destroy a random enemy minion.
- Parading Marshal: Start of Game: Draw this. Battlecry: Equip a Truesilver Champion.
- The Walking Fort: Taunt. This minion can only take 1 damage at a time.
Divine Shield Deck:
- Truesilver Champion
- Bittertide Hydra
- Emerald Reaver
- Ornery Tortoise
- Zandalari Templar
- Bomb Squad
How-to Defeat High Priest Thekal – Tips & Tricks
- High Priest Thekal’s deck revolves around synergies based on the shrine he has summoned on turn one.
- Shirvallah's Grace: Thekal’s deck for this shrine contains cheap spells and minions with spell synergy. This shrine should not be hard to handle. Copying cheap spells may not change the game at all in the long run. Always keep in mind that Shirvallah, the Tiger or Lynessa Sunsorrow can ruin your fun in the late game though.
- Shirvallah's Protection: If you see this shrine on the board, you can expect lots and lots of Divine Shield minions. Clear this shrine as often as possible! You don’t want to get into the value game with this fellow up on the board.
- Shirvallah's Vengeance: This one is definitely the worst shrine and deck to play against. Thekal’s deck revolves around self-harm and -healing at the same time, so be prepared to take lots of damage in one turn. If the shrine is active, try to hold the board until you have enough attack to kill Thekal or the shrine at once!
- No matter how strong the shrine: Always remember when a shrine returns to life – you should be prepared to deal with it once that happens.
- Thekal uses tons of weapons across all deck types. Always be aware of lethal weapon damage if needed!