Update: You can find all of the new information in our individual posts:
- Hearthstone is getting a new class – Demon Hunter!
- The upcoming expansion is Ashes of Outland.
- Patch 16.6 is out – Kael’Thas Sunstrider is given out for free, a lot of Battlegrounds balance changes were released.
- Year of the Phoenix is the next Standard year. Learn more about it here.
- Standard & Hall of Fame rotations are coming soon. Check out more info and learn how to maximize your Dust gains here.
- Priest class will get a Basic/Classic sets rework – 6 new cards, 7 old cards getting changed.
- Ranked system is also getting a big overhaul – more ranks, MMR-based matchmaking, better rewards.
- Duplicate protection will now work across all rarities, new/returning players will get a free deck.
- 6 card nerfs (1x Standard + 5x Wild) were reverted in the latest patch.
The long awaited 2020 announcements are finally coming! Live stream with Brian Kibler, Game Designers Chadd Nervig and Dean Ayala, as well as the Game Director Ben Lee is starting soon.
But if you can’t watch it live or you miss something during the stream, don’t sweat it. We will cover everything live in this thread. We will post all the necessary info, screenshots, any new card that gets revealed etc. Let’s all hope for some great announcements!
Year of the Phoenix
Next year is the Year of the Phoenix!
- Updates to packs. Duplicate protection across all rarities!
- Returning players will be able to get competitive decks for any class they pick for free.
- More modes are coming! Some will be big an will take long to develop like Battlegrounds, others will be smaller. The first new mode is coming after Expansion 2.
- Ranked system is getting updated!
Demon Hunter Class
NEW CLASS IS COMING TO HEARTHSTONE! Demon Hunter (represented by Illidan) will be the new class. Demon Hunter will be an “aggressive”, “in your face” type.
Other than being an aggressive “attacker”, Demon Hunter will also have a lot of Demon synergies. They will be able to swarm the board with small Demons. Unlike other token classes, Demon Hunter won’t buff minions, but rather synergize with them dying!
Demon Hunter comes with a new mechanic / keyword – Outcast! If the Outcast card is the left-most or right-most card in your hand, it gets an extra effect.
Here’s the class Hero Power – 1 mana “Demon Claws” that give your Hero +1 Attack.
A little bit more info about DH. The class will be free for everyone, you will just need to finish Prologue to get all 30 starter cards + a starting deck. Each expansion will have 15 DH cards.
Illidan will also join Battlegrounds line-up on March 26!
Demon Hunter Cards
Hall of Fame Rotation
Priest Class Rework
Priest Basic/Classic set is getting reworked! They want to establish a better baseline for the class identity. To make room for new cards, some of the old cards are rotating out to Hall of Fame.
And here are the new cards that will replace HoF’d ones.
On top of new cards, many of the current Basic/Classic cards will get reworked. Most of them are buffs, but arguably one of them could be seen as a nerf (Power Word: Shield).
Ranked System Revamp
Ranked system is getting revamped. Instead of 25-1, we’ll get 50 ranks in total, spread between 5 tiers – Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond (+Legend).
Players will get reset back to Bronze 10 at the end of every season, however they will get a bonus to rank gain based on how high they’ve climbed last season. E.g. Legend players will get back to Legend very quickly.
We’ll also have a ranked floor every 5 ranks!
We’re also getting a rewards overhaul. Better end of season rewards (card packs) + one time rewards for reaching certain rank floors for the first time.
New ranked system will be 100% MMR based – it won’t match you against people who are similar rank, but who have similar MMR. E.g. players who reset back to Bronze 10 from Legend won’t be facing new players.
Ashes of Outland
New Hearthstone expansion was just announced! Ashes of Outland will feature lots of familiar faces and take players, well, to Outland!
Kael’Thas will be released TODAY and it will be given out to everyone for free!