I was so busy adding information about the UPCOMING content that I missed one that was just released! Patch 16.6 is out and it contains a lot of Battlegrounds changes. Here’s a quick summary:
- Introducing Tavern Pass – Players who purchase Tavern Pass will get four Arena Tickets, as well as a full set of Battlegrounds perks – advances stats, emotes, but also the ability to choose from FOUR Heroes, and not only THREE like previously. It will also give owners early access to new Battlegrounds Heroes (no more information about that yet). It’s a new way of Battlegrounds monetization – instead of having to buy packs from the latest expansion, you have to buy the pass directly. It costs $19.99 or 2500 gold, but you can also get it with the higher tier of Ashes of Outland Pre-Purchase. If you already have the extra perks from buying Descent of Dragons card packs, you will keep them until Ashes of Outland launches.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider is now available to everyone for free. Yes, you can already play with the card, way ahead of the expansion’s release!
- A bunch of cards got their nerfs reverted. Read more about it here.
- Three Heroes were added to Battlegrounds pool – one new (Fungalmancer Flurgl) and two more are making a comeback (Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Professor Putricide). Additionally, Illidan Stormrage will get added on March 26.
- Hero Balance Changes – Buffs to The Lich King, Ysera, Pyramad, Millhouse Manastorm, The Rat King , Millificent Manastorm and Reno Jackson. Nerf to Deathwing.
- Minion Balance Changes – Buffs to Savannah Highmane, Herald of Flame, Steward of Time, Kalecgos and Twilight Emissary. Nerf to Nathrezim Overseer.
- A few more things will happen on March 26. Priest class rework, duplicate protection for all rarities, Hall of Fame rotation etc. But we’ve already covered those in other posts 🙂
You can find everything in the blog post below!
We dropped a mountain of information about all the exciting changes to Hearthstone, alongside today’s patch notes! When you’re done reading about the patch, check out the rest of what we’ve got going on:
We have a few updates in today’s patch, which you can read about below. There are also several goodies you can unlock today by pre-purchasing Ashes of Outland. But first. . .
Log in to get Kael’thas
Kael’thas Sunstrider, a Legendary neutral minion, is breaking free from Ashes of Outland and entering Hearthstone a month early! Starting March 17, all players can log in to receive* the Lord of the Blood Elves, who is playable immediately, and explore his unique power—with Kael’thas in play, every third spell each turn is free.
*Limit one per account. Must log in by June 29 to claim.
Introducing the Tavern Pass
With the release of Ashes of Outland, we’re introducing the Tavern Pass—an all-new way to access Perks for Battlegrounds. Available for $19.99 or 2500 Gold, the Tavern Pass includes four Arena Tickets and the following Battlegrounds Perks for the duration of the Ashes of Outland expansion cycle: advanced stats, visual emotes, a third and fourth hero to choose from at the start of a game, and early access to new Battlegrounds Heroes (subject to the release schedule of new Heroes).
If you currently have Battlegrounds bonus stats, choose from 3 Heroes, or visual emotes unlocked—you will get access to the equivalent new perk starting on March 26. Battlegrounds Perks earned from collecting Descent of Dragons packs (including the new perks such as choosing from 4 heroes) will expire once Ashes of Outland is released. With the introduction of the Tavern Pass, which is included in the Ashes of Outland Mega Bundle, players will no longer have to purchase card packs in order to unlock Battlegrounds Perks.
Pre-Purchase Ashes of Outland
Purchase one or both of the pre-purchase bundles available for Ashes of Outland, available in-game and on the Battle.net web shop through April 6!
Ashes of Outland Mega Bundle
The Mega Bundle includes 90 Ashes of Outland card packs, the Lady Vashj Shaman Hero, the Serpentine card back, and a random Ashes of Outland Golden Legendary card! You’ll also get 4 Arena Tickets and Descent of Dragons Battlegrounds Bonuses right away! The Battlegrounds Bonuses included in the bundle will upgrade to the Tavern Pass at the launch of Ashes of Outland.
Ashes of Outland Bundle
Includes 55 Ashes of Outland card packs, the Serpentine card back, and a random Ashes of Outland Golden Legendary card.
- Spiteful Summoner
- Old: Costs 7 mana → New: Costs 6 mana.
- Call of the Wild
- Old: Costs 9 mana → New: Costs 8 mana.
- Lesser Emerald Spellstone
- Old: Costs 6 mana → New: Costs 5 mana.
- Raza the Chained
- Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (1) this game. → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (0) this game.
- Yogg-Saron, Hope’s End
- No longer stops casting when he leaves the board.
- Sludge Slurper
- Old: 1 Attack / 1 Health → New: 2 Attack / 1 Health.
Battlegrounds Hero Pool Updates
- Ragnaros, Sylvanas, and Patches have been removed from the pool.
- NEW HERO – Fungalmancer Flurgl added to the pool.
- Gone Fishing:
- [Passive] After you sell a Murloc, add a random Murloc* to Bob’s Tavern. *of the same Tavern Tier or lower.
- Sir Finley Mrrglton added back to the pool.
- [Passive] At the start of the game, Discover a Hero Power.
- Professor Putricide added back to the pool.
- Rage Potion:
- [Cost 1] Give a friendly minion +10 Attack for the next combat only (targeted).
Battlegrounds Balance Updates
- The Lich King
- Reborn Rites:
- [Cost 1] Give a friendly minion Reborn for next combat only. → [Cost 1] Give a friendly minion Reborn for next combat only (targeted).
- Dream Portal:
- [Cost 1] Refresh and add a Dragon to Bob’s Tavern. → [Passive] At the start of your turn, add a Dragon to Bob’s Tavern.
- Brick by Brick:
- [Cost 1] Give a random friendly minion +3 Health. → [Cost 1] Give a random friendly minion +4 Health.
- Millhouse Manastorm
- [Passive] Minions cost 2 Gold. Refresh costs 2 Gold. Start with 2 Gold. → [Passive] Minions cost 2 Gold. Refresh costs 2 Gold. Start with 3 Gold.
- The Rat King
- King of Beasts, Mechs, Murlocs, Demons and Dragons:
- [Passive] Whenever you buy a Beast/Mech/Murloc/Demon/Dragon, give it +1/+1. → [Passive] Whenever you buy a Beast/Mech/Murloc/Demon/Dragon, give it +1/+2.
- Milificient Manastorm
- [Passive] Mechs in Bob’s Tavern have +1 Attack. → [Passive] Mechs in Bob’s Tavern have +2 Attack.
- ALL Will Burn!:
- [Passive] ALL minions have +3 Attack. → [Passive] ALL minions have +2 Attack.
- Reno Jackson
- Gonna Be Rich!:
- [Cost 4] Make a friendly minion Golden. (Once per game.) → [Cost 3] Make a friendly minion Golden. (Once per game.)
- Savannah Highmane
- Old: Tavern Tier 5 → New: Tavern Tier 4.
- Herald of Flame
- Old: 4 Health → New: 6 Health.
- Golden Old: 8 Health → Golden New: 12 Health.
- Steward of Time
- Old: 2 Attack → New: 3 Attack.
- Golden Old: 4 Attack → Golden New: 6 Attack.
- Kalecgos, Arcane Aspect
- Old: 2 Attack / 8 Health → New: 4 Attack / 12 Health.
- Golden Old: 4 Attack / 16 Health → Golden New: 8 Attack / 24 Health.
- Nathrezim Overseer
- Old: 4 Health → New: 3 Health.
- Golden Old: 8 Health → New: 6 Health.
- Twilight Emissary
- Old: Tavern Tier 5, 6 Attack / 8 Health, Battlecry: Give a friendly Dragon +3/+3 → New: Tavern Tier 3, 4 Attack / 4 Health, Battlecry: Give a friendly Dragon +2/+2.
- Golden Old: 12 Attack / 16 Health, Battlecry: Give a friendly Dragon +6/+6 → Golden New: 8 Attack / 8 Health, Battlecry: Give a friendly Dragon +4/+4.
- Transformation animations when playing a minion from hand will be sped up during the Recruit Phase, cutting down on the amount of time players are left waiting for animations to resolve.
Updates Planned for March 26
- Dr. Boom, Mad Genius
- Old: Cost 9 mana → New: Cost 7 mana.
- Giggling Inventor
- Old: Cost 7 mana → New: Cost 6 mana.
- Raiding Party
- Old: Cost 4 mana → New: Cost 3 mana.
- Reckless Experimenter
- Old: Deathrattle minions you play cost (3) less, but die at end of turn. (Cost can’t be reduced below 1.) → New: Deathrattle minions you play cost (3) less, but die at end of turn.
- Card Pack Changes, Hall of Fame, Priest Update, updated returning player experience, and free deck for new and returning players – Read more here.
- Illidan Stormrage enters Battlegrounds.
- [Passive] Start of Combat: Your left and right-most minions attack immediately.