Hearthstone Mercenaries had a pretty rocky development – it was first meant to be released over 6 months ago, but after some delays it’s finally here! Well, at least on PC. S
adly, mobile players will have to wait a bit longer – the official PlayHearthstone Twitter account said that the mobile launch will happen 3 hours after PC – I hope that it’s just an estimate and the patch will be available a bit sooner. Update: Patch is now available on mobile! That said, we should also get some freebies, log-in bonuses and Twitch drops. You can read more about them here.
We’re really excited about the new mode, and we’ve been (and still are) working hard to provide some content and guides, so you have easier time actually playing it. Here’s a full list of Mercenaries content we have so far:
- Mercenaries Launch Guide – I created a guide for new players with some tips & tricks and overview of some systems, things that you might find most confusing when you first start playing. I based it on my (pretty limited) early access play time.
- Mercenaries Overview – A general overview of the game mode, its systems, how its played and so on. It was meant to explain the quite puzzling initial reveal – right now people understand it a bit better, but if you’re still confused about what the new game mode actually is, give it a read.
- Mercenaries Heroes Guide – A full list of 51 launch Mercenaries, their abilities and equipment. Some of the data is outdated compared to the launch version (since it was based on early access), but most of them should be correct. We’ll update it with the new versions soon after launch, and try to add more information, like short guides or descriptions for Mercs in the coming days.
- Village Guide – Village is the main hub of Mercenaries – you do everything from here, including managing your party, launching bounties, and accepting tasks. Learn more about what each building does, how much it costs and what order you should be upgrading them in.
- Coins Guide – Learn how to earn Coins, and how much Coins everything costs (crafting, upgrading abilities & equipment).
- PvP Guide – While PvE is the main way to play, Fighting Pit also seems to be pretty popular. Learn how it works, how different it is from PvE, what’s the matchmaking like and why you should play it.
- Best PvE Party Comps – We’ve listed some of the cool, mostly cheap party comps you can run PvE bounties with. There’s a lot of synergies to explore in Mercenaries, so we will be adding more of them in the future!
- Leveling Guide – What are the best levels to max your Mercs – level them up to 30, then farm Coins & Tasks.
- Is Mercenaries PW2? – We’re trying to answer the question whether the new game mode is pay to win – will you get a huge advantage if you spend real money on it?
- Mercenaries Budget Guide – If you’re F2P player and you didn’t open any Legendaries from packs, we’ve prepared some budget & semi-budget party comps for you.
- Mercenaries PvP Tier List – Based on official data, we’ve listed all of the currently available Mercenaries and placed them in respective tiers based on their PvP power level.
- Best PvP Party Comps – A list of 7 (for now) PvP party comps that have been working very well at high MMR. Meta is changing pretty quickly, though, so we’ll probably update in 1-2 weeks.
And that’s it! Hope you all enjoy the new game mode.