Our Puzzle Lab Guide has all of the information for the new single-player mode that is coming to The Boomsday Project expansion. This guide features all of the information you will need for the new adventure, and has full guides for each of the laboratories.
While we’ve had two back-to-back expansion with the rogue-like modes of Dungeon Run and Monster Hunt, this time it looks like we’re back in more of the adventure mode style of challenges.
- Release Date: The Puzzle Lab opens on August 21st, 2018.
- Release Time: 10 AM PST / 19:00 CET
- Livestream: To celebrate the release, there will be a special livestream featuring RegisKillbin!
- Free Packs: You get three free packs of The Boomsday Project for playing The Puzzle Lab!
We have compiled guides for each section of the Puzzle Lab: Lethal, Mirror, Board Clear, Survival, and finally DR. BOOM HIMSELF!
- Lethal Puzzle Lab Solutions Guide
- Survival Puzzle Lab Solutions Guide
- Board Clear Lab Solutions Guide
- Mirror Lab Solutions Guide
- Dr. Boom Puzzle Lab Solutions Guide
We got a closer look at Puzzle Lab heading into the launch next week from Blizzard. The video details what we will be facing in the lab, as well as briefly showing off some of the puzzles!
In the Puzzle Lab you will face puzzles that will require you to find lethal in one turn, create a perfectly mirrored battlefield, clear the battlefield of minions, and survive against your opponent’s next onslaught. You can start and play in any lab, so if you get stuck on a puzzle you can move onto a different lab.
Here’s the official breakout of how all of these are explained by Blizzard:
- Lethal (Destroy the enemy hero): In this experiment, the assistant is tasked with neutralizing the opponent in one turn using the cards at their disposal. We expect this will provide valuable insights into the destructive properties of many of our inventions.
- Mirror (Create a perfectly mirrored battlefield): These tasks challenge the assistant to create a board state where both sides are perfect mirror images of each other: minion positioning, health, attack, etc. This should yield plentiful data on various means of board manipulation.
- Board Clear (Clear the battlefield of minions): Pretty straightforward: clear the board of all minions. Our research suggests that minions play an important role in winning matches, and this set of challenges will help us better understand how to get rid of them.
- Survival (Survive the enemy Hero Power): Finally, the Survival trial requires the test subject to restore their own health in order to survive their opponent’s next onslaught. A recent study has shown that dropping to zero health inversely correlates with winning games, and this experiment will further explore that relationship.
You will be helping out Lab Assistants and Head Scientists throughout each lab. There’s two assistants and two head scientists in each of the particular puzzle types.
Here’s a list of some of the assistants you will be helping solve puzzles with:
- Glow-Tron 2000
- Dexter the Dendrologist
- Astromancer Arwyn
- Poisonmaster Pollark
- Boomnician Breena
- Test Subject
- Lil’ Stormy
- Demonlogoist Drann
These are the Head Scientists you will be helping, they will likely have much more difficult puzzles to solve. You will recognize them as Legendary cards from The Boomsday Project expansion.
- Crystalsmith Kangor
- Zerek, Master Cloner
- Dr. Morrigan
- Electra Stormsurge
- Myra Rotspring
- Stargazer Luna
- Boommaster Flark
- Flobbidinous Floop
Each of the assistants and scientists have 8 or 9 puzzles to work through, so you are looking at completing over 100+ puzzles to complete the entire area! Each puzzle is also only one turn, and rather than an end turn button you can hit the reset button and quickly restart the puzzle. Also, if you ever want to stop playing, you can at any time and pick up where you left off!
If you are able to complete all of these experiments you will go against Dr. Boom himself in a one-on-one showdown in his personal workshop! If you can take down Dr. Boom you will be rewarded with this awesome card back!
We’ll eventually have tips and tricks with guides to help you complete all of the experiment, so stay tuned! Remember that this will be released two weeks after the actual expansion release!