E.T.C.’s Band (Sideboard)
Sir Finley, Sea Guide instead of Jailer is a consideration to put Thaddius/Eonar back in the deck and recycle unusable generated spells.
The ideal combo rarely happens, but there are many variations of the combo to still put you in a very favorable position. This makes the skill ceiling of this deck incredibly high. Some tips to win with the combo more consistently:
- Thaddius, Monstrosity swaps parity in deck. He discounts even cards on odd turns, so remember to play Nightshade Bud on an odd-numbered turn (odd-discounting Thaddius does almost nothing for you)
- Cover Artist should be used on Eonar unless you need to use it on Thaddius to play the Ignis weapon. Use the second Eonar to draw cards and keep your combo alive.
- Lifebinder’s Gift can be used at critical points mid-combo to discount Nourish and other odd-mana spells so that Thaddius drops them to 0, allowing you to draw more cards and continue the combo. It’s also great to hit Solar Eclipse and Nightshade Bud with discounts so you can combo sooner.
- ETC is another good card to have in your combo toolkit. Take Celestial Projectionist to reroll Ignis, go ETC-Projectionist-ETC if you have board space, or Forbidden Fruit as a finisher. The Jailer is an important anti-control win condition.
- Solar Eclipse has many good targets: Nightshade Bud to potentially grab both Thaddius and Eonar, Funnel Cake during your combo turn, Frost Lotus Seedling in the early game, both-effects-combined Lifebinder’s Gift to get a lot of spells and discount Yogg.
- It is smart to sometimes play Aquatic Form with no mana in order to guarantee not drawing Thaddius/Eonar on your combo turn.
- Against aggro, the goal becomes much simpler: cheat out Eonar ASAP, copy with cover artist, restore yourself to full health, and remove as much of the opponent’s board as possible to make it hard to remove the Eonars