Oh boy, we have A LOT of content coming for us very soon. In the past years, most of the things dropped at once. However, to be honest, it would be infeasible this time around. There’s so much coming that pushing it all at the same time would (and I’m not memeing here) confuse players so much.
In the end, the content will be spread over four days, starting tomorrow! So here’s the release schedule:
- Priest Rework – Priest class is getting its Basic/Classic (evergreen) set reworked. Multiple cards rotate out to Wild, new cards will replace them, and some of the ones we know will get changed (mostly buffed).
- Hall of Fame – Besides the few Priest cards that rotate out to Wild, we’ve also got a bunch of Neutral cards going to Hall of Fame. Leeroy Jenkins, Mountain Giant, Mind Control Tech, Acolyte of Pain and Spellbreaker will be all gone. It’s also an opportunity to get some free Arcane Dust – if you want to know how to maximize your Dust gain, check out our rotation guide!
- Duplicate Protection – Duplicate protection in card packs, which now only works on Legendaries, will now be present across all rarities. Yep, Commons, Rares and Epics will also be protected. It will make packs more valuable and less annoying to open (you will no longer be able to get e.g. 4-5 of the same Epic). Note that duplicates don’t disappear completely – once you open all cards from a given rarity, you will start getting duplicates once again.
- Free New / Returning Players Decks – If you’re a new player (just got out of new player ranks) or returning player (haven’t played for 4 months), you will get to pick one of the 9 competitive decks for free. They contain only Basic/Classic and Year of the Dragon cards, so nothing will rotate out.
- Ranked Rework – New ranked system will drop with the next season. New ranks, more floors, different resets / star bonuses, more rewards… Yep, it will be almost like playing a different game!
- Demon Hunter Prologue – Demon Hunter Prologue launches. It contains 4 single player missions, which showcase the history of Illidan and some basic Demon Hunter gameplay. Finishing those will unlock the new class with 30 cards, as well as a starter deck. Keep in mind that the class won’t be playable until April 7.
- Ashes of Outland Release – A new expansion with 135 cards will be released.
- Standard Rotation – Since it’s the first expansion of this year, we’ll also get a Standard rotation. All Year of the Raven (2018) sets, so Witchwood, Boomsday and Rastakhan’s Rumble will be out of Standard.
- Demon Hunter Release – New class will officially release with the upcoming expansion!