Update: Many of the issues listed below got fixed an we got a hotfix patch released on PC (mobile storefronts should get it soon). It made Heroes and Card Backs (not all of them, of course) craftable with Gold again, returned shop access in certain regions and fixed some visual issues.
Patch 22.6 was released just a few hours ago (on PC, that is) and it’s pretty big. With a massive Battlegrounds update, Mercenaries event coming soon and tons of bug fixes. We can always expect bigger patches like that to not only fix, but also add more bugs. This time is no different, but – besides the most important one – those issues don’t seem to be that drastic.
By “the most important one” I mean a big delay of Patch 22.6 on mobile. Team 5 had to resubmit it to Android and iOS storefronts and so it’s still waiting to be approved once more. Apparently it might take up to a few days, but I hope that it will get resolved quickly.
Other bugs include Tavern Brawl switching from “Blood Magic” to “Party Portals” for whatever reason (it will not be switched back since Tavern Brawls rotate weekly anyway), “phantom” achievement notifications still displaying in some cases and Hero skins / card backs no longer being purchasable for Gold.
Check out a full list below. We’ll update the post once more are found:
Follow this post for information about known issues in Patch 22.6:
- [Resolved 3/18]: There was an issue with the 22.6 mobile client that required the patch to be re-submitted to the mobile marketplaces, causing delays. The patch is now available on all marketplaces.
- We are aware that the Tavern Brawl switches for players who update to Patch 22.6 (from “Blood Magic” to “Party Portals!”). This will not be switched back before the Tavern Brawl swaps over automatically for next week. We have identified the cause of this issue in order to avoid it in the future.
- [Resolved 3/21]: We are investigating issues with Achievement notifications and tracking with the new patch, including the return of the “phantom achievement” issue that was intended to be fixed in this patch.
- The celebration and award for completing all Books of Mercenaries books is not appearing properly. The team is working on a temporary solution for players who have not already completed the last Book of Mercenaries book, and will grant the award to any players who were already affected at a later time.
- [Resolved 3/21]: We are aware that Hero Skins and Card Backs have become unavailable to purchase for Gold after the patch. The team is investigating this issue.
- [Added 3/18]: The team is aware of the reports that certain players cannot read the Tavern Brawl chalkboard. The solution to this problem has been entered for an upcoming patch. In the meantime, the team has identified a workaround: the issue appears to be with the English (UK) language setting. If you go to the Language setting in the Options menu and switch from English (UK) to English (US) that should solve your problem. We apologise if this behaviour scandalises our neighbours from across the pond.
- To do this on mobile: Open to in-game Options cog → select “Options” → update the Language from English (UK) to English.
- To do this on desktop: Open the Battle.net launcher → hit the Options cog next to the “Play” button → click “Game Settings” → update the “Text & Spoken Language” to English (US).
- [Resolved 3/21]: The team is aware that some players are unable to see the in-game shop. It appears that this is also limited to certain locales. This issue was resolved via hotfix.
- [Added 3/19]: The team is aware that the Mysterious Stranger is showing the wrong level of Task options when found in a Bounty–this is a visual issue only, your Task progress has not changed. The team is investigating the issue.
3/21 Update: We are currently in the process of rolling out an emergency hotfix patch for desktop devices. The mobile update has to be submitted to mobile storefronts, so it will come within the next few days. Because they are still on the same major version, the is NO risk that updating your desktop device will lock you out of your mobile devices—these issues will simply not be resolved on mobile until the mobile patch is available on those storefronts.
The following updates are in this patch:
- Resolved the issue where the shop was closed for certain non-English locales.
- Resolved issues with the Achievement tracking, causing phantom Achievement notifications and an incorrect Achievement completion percentage.
- Resolved an issue that blocked Hero Skins and Card Backs from being craftable with Gold (reminder: by design, not all Hero Skins and Card Backs are craftable with Gold).
- Fixed a visual bug that made it appear as though players could craft cards when they didn’t have enough dust to do so.
We will continue to track Patch 22.6 and update this post when we have new information to share.