Patch 21.6 was just pushed out on PC in all regions.
Keep in mind that mobile releases are usually delayed by up to a few hours, so if you don’t see anything yet on your phone or tablet, don’t worry, you will get it soon. Update: It’s out on mobile devices now too! In case you don’t see the update, you can try reinstalling the entire HS client or waiting some longer.
Of course, the biggest feature of Patch 21.6 is Deadmines mini-set. It was originally meant to be released a month ago, but got delayed because of the new game mode (Mercenaries). 35 cards will get added to Constructed – you can find a full list here. If you’re wondering whether you should pull the trigger on Deadmines purchase, we’ll have an article looking at the set’s power level and whether it’s worth its asking price a few days after the release.
But Patch 21.6 is not only the mini-set. No matter what game mode you play, you should get something fresh. Below, you will find a full summary of Patch 21.6 – and if you want to see full patch notes, click here.
- Deadmines Mini-Set – Stormwind Mini-Set finally arrives! Deadmines will contain 35 new cards (revealed over the next few days), you can get them all for $14.99 or 2000 Gold.
- Mercenaries Update – Five new Mercenaries characters are added to the game – Edwin, Defias Kingpin (Legendary Fighter), Sneed (Epic Protector), Eudora (Epic Fighter), Mr. Smite (Rare Protector) and Cookie, the Cook (Rare Caster). One of them is a Murloc, and the other four are Pirates, which is a new Mercenary type with its own synergies. They will be added to the pool of Mercs you can open through packs. We’re also getting three new Bounties, all of which will be a part of Blackrock Zone.
- Diablo Event – Diablo is coming to Battlegrounds and Duels for limited time. In Battlegrounds, he will be a sort of a “boss” encounter – every four turns all other players will face him. Beating Diablo will give those players extra rewards, while Diablo gets bonuses for each player he wins against. In Duels, Diablo is a Dual-Class Hero – it mixes Warlock and Warrior cards. He comes with new, unique Hero Powers & Signature Treasures.
- Battlegrounds Update – Besides Diablo, two new Heroes are coming to Battlegrounds (this time permanently) – Sneed and Cookie the Cook. Players with perks will get early access to them, then they will become available to everyone on November 16.
- Duels Update – If you like Duels, you won’t be disappointed. Besides Diablo, we’re getting a massive treasures update. All of the Scholomance Heroes will have their unlock requirements removed, so you can pick any HP & Treasure at any time (given that they specified all SCHOLOMANCE Heroes, it seems like they plan to add more Heroes soon). We’re getting over 20 Treasure changes, both nerfs and buffs. Many of them have been moved between pools too (some become more rare, others more common). On top of that, a new active treasure (Black Soulstone) has been added.
- Arena Rotation + Dual Class Event – A new rotation is coming to Arena. Starting in 21.6, the following expansions will be available to drafts cards from: Core, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, Journey to Un’Goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, Rise of Shadows, Ashes of Outland, United in Stormwind and Deadmines Mini-Set. We’re also getting the usual Dual-Class Hallow’s End event – you will be able to pick two classes and then draft cards from both of them for limited time.
- Battle-Ready Decks – Remember the full, meta decks you could purchase during Forged in the Barrens? Well, they seem to be making a comeback now. We’ll get four decks – Rogue, Druid, Hunter and Paladin – for $14.99 each. You can buy an entire deck and unlock all of the cards it contains permanently. And apparently, some of them will even contain the new mini-set cards. We don’t know what those decks will be yet, but don’t worry, we’ll post their value analysis soon after we find out.
- Book of Mercenaries: Cariel – After a rather long break (the last one – Tamsin – launched early in September), Book of Mercenaries is coming back. This time we will follow the story of Paladin – Cariel. The new PvE content will be released on November 9.
- Bug Fixes & Game Improvements – We’re also getting a very long list of bug fixes & QoL changes, related to all kinds of stuff – Constructed, Battlegrounds, Mercenaries, shop notifications, stability and so on.
Have fun, everyone! We’ll post some decks using new cards after pros start playtesting them!