Patch 21.6 was just announced, and it’s HUGE! No matter what game mode you play, you should get something new and (hopefully) exciting. Patch 21.6 will be released next week, on Tuesday (November 2). Here’s a summary of what’s coming:
- Deadmines Mini-Set – Stormwind Mini-Set finally arrives! Deadmines will contain 35 new cards (revealed over the next few days), you can get them all for $14.99 or 2000 Gold.
- Mercenaries Update – Five new Mercenaries characters are added to the game – Edwin, Defias Kingpin (Legendary Fighter), Sneed (Epic Protector), Eudora (Epic Fighter), Mr. Smite (Rare Protector) and Cookie, the Cook (Rare Caster). One of them is a Murloc, and the other four are Pirates, which is a new Mercenary type with its own synergies. They will be added to the pool of Mercs you can open through packs. We’re also getting three new Bounties, all of which will be a part of Blackrock Zone.
- Diablo Event – Diablo is coming to Battlegrounds and Duels for limited time. In Battlegrounds, he will be a sort of a “boss” encounter – every four turns all other players will face him. Beating Diablo will give those players extra rewards, while Diablo gets bonuses for each player he wins against. In Duels, Diablo is a Dual-Class Hero – it mixes Warlock and Warrior cards. He comes with new, unique Hero Powers & Signature Treasures.
- Battlegrounds Update – Besides Diablo, two new Heroes are coming to Battlegrounds (this time permanently) – Sneed and Cookie the Cook. Players with perks will get early access to them, then they will become available to everyone on November 16.
- Duels Update – If you like Duels, you won’t be disappointed. Besides Diablo, we’re getting a massive treasures update. All of the Scholomance Heroes will have their unlock requirements removed, so you can pick any HP & Treasure at any time (given that they specified all SCHOLOMANCE Heroes, it seems like they plan to add more Heroes soon). We’re getting over 20 Treasure changes, both nerfs and buffs. Many of them have been moved between pools too (some become more rare, others more common). On top of that, a new active treasure (Black Soulstone) has been added.
- Arena Rotation + Dual Class Event – A new rotation is coming to Arena. Starting in 21.6, the following expansions will be available to drafts cards from: Core, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, Journey to Un’Goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, Rise of Shadows, Ashes of Outland, United in Stormwind and Deadmines Mini-Set. We’re also getting the usual Dual-Class Hallow’s End event – you will be able to pick two classes and then draft cards from both of them for limited time.
- Battle-Ready Decks – Remember the full, meta decks you could purchase during Forged in the Barrens? Well, they seem to be making a comeback now. We’ll get four decks – Rogue, Druid, Hunter and Paladin – for $14.99 each. You can buy an entire deck and unlock all of the cards it contains permanently. And apparently, some of them will even contain the new mini-set cards. We don’t know what those decks will be yet, but don’t worry, we’ll post their value analysis soon after we find out.
- Book of Mercenaries: Cariel – After a rather long break (the last one – Tamsin – launched early in September), Book of Mercenaries is coming back. This time we will follow the story of Paladin – Cariel. The new PvE content will be released on November 9.
- Bug Fixes & Game Improvements – We’re also getting a very long list of bug fixes & QoL changes, related to all kinds of stuff – Constructed, Battlegrounds, Mercenaries, shop notifications, stability and so on.
You can find all the new things and changes in the official patch notes below:
Patch 21.6, launching November 2, brings big updates across Hearthstone, including a Mini-Set full of scoundrels and scallywags! Arrrrr you ready?!
Deadmines Mini-Set Launches on November 2!
Delve into the Deadmines in the United in Stormwind Mini-Set, coming November 2! Edwin VanCleef and his crew are waiting for you with 35 unique new cards featuring Pirates and new Tradeable synergies! Get them in United in Stormwind packs, or get the entire 66-card Mini-Set* for $14.99 or 2000 Gold! Card reveals will take place over the weekend and the full Mini-Set will be published in a PlayHearthstone.com blog on Monday, November 1. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram to stay updated on the latest!
* 4 Legendary Cards (x1), 1 Epic Card (x2), 14 Rare Cards (x2), and 16 Common Cards (x2).
Mercenaries is getting its first content update! Five iconic swashbucklers are raiding the mode with unique new Abilities and Pirate Type synergies! On top of that, we’re introducing three new Bounties and Bounty Bosses for your new recruits to take on.
- Edwin, Defias Kingpin (Legendary Fighter)
- 13/80 maxed stats
- Assassin’s Blade 5: Speed 5. Attack an enemy. If it hasn’t acted yet this turn, gain +5 Health and Attack it again.
- Assisted Strike 5: Speed 5, Cooldown 1. Gain +5 Attack for each friendly Pirate and Attack a random enemy. Combo: Gain Immune while Attacking this turn.
- Kingpin’s Bounty 5: Speed 4, Cooldown 2. Deal 10 damage to an enemy. Repeat for each other Pirate you control. Deathblow: Restore 25 Health.
- Black Flag 4: Passive: Adjacent Pirates’ Abilities are (4) Speed faster.
- Round of Drinks 4: Assisted Strike is (3) Speed faster and always has Immune while Attacking.
- Even Shares 4: Kingpin’s Bounty restores 10 more Health and affects all friendly characters.
- Sneed (Epic Protector)
- 7/77 maxed stats
- Bzzz!!! 5: Speed 6. Deal damage equal to your Attack. If Activate Saw is active, also damage target’s neighbor.
- Activate Saw 5: Speed 3, Cooldown 1: Gain +6 Attack for 2 turns. Attack a random enemy.
- Disarm 5: Speed 3, Cooldown 1: Attack an enemy. Give it –5 Attack permanently.
- Skull Dust 4: Bzzz!!! Gains Bleed (5).
- Titanium Blades 4: Activate Saw gives +4 Attack and lasts 1 more turn.
- Extra Blades 4: Sneed starts with Activate Saw 5 active for 1 turn.
- Eudora (Epic Fighter)
- 10/78 maxed stats
- Coup d’Etat 5: Speed 4. Attack an enemy. If it’s the left or right-most enemy, fire Eudora’s Cannons at it.
- Prepare the Cannons 5: Speed 7, Cooldown 1. Summon a Cannon to the left or right of this Merc. (Starts off Cooldown.)
- Covering Fire 5: Speed 7, Cooldown 1. Restore 12 Health to a friendly Merc and return them to your bench. Fire all your Cannons.
- Shrapnel Shot 4: Cannons deal 5 more damage.
- Primed Armaments 4: Battlecry: Summon a Cannon.
- Briny Bracers 4: Passive: +2/+10.
- Mr. Smite (Rare Protector)
- 7/75 maxed stats
- Smite Slam 5: Speed 8. Gain +5 Attack for each enemy with 40 or less Health. Attack an enemy.
- Avast ye Matey 5: Speed 2. Gain Taunt this turn. After an enemy Attacks this Merc gain +5 Attack.
- Overboard 5: Speed 3, Cooldown 1. After another friendly character is damaged this turn, gain +10 Health and Attack a random enemy.
- Sailor’s Cap 4: Mr. Smite gains an additional +4 Attack from Smite Slam.
- Heavy Anchor 4: Overboard grants +6 Attack if the damaged friend is a Pirate.
- Sharpened Scabbard 4: Whenever another friendly Pirate Attacks, gain +4 Attack.
- Cookie, the Cook (Rare Caster)
- 6/70 maxed stats
- Fish Feast 5 (Nature): Speed 2. Deal 10 damage to an enemy. Deathblow: Give +15 Health to all friendly characters.
- Cookie’s Cooking 5 (Nature): Speed 5, Cooldown 1. Bleed (5) to all enemies. Restore 5 Health to friendly Murlocs and Pirates.
- Go Fish! 5 (Nature): Speed 4, Cooldown 1. Summon a random fish for your opponent, with a Deathrattle that benefits you.
- Seasoned Pan 4: Fish Feast gives +5 Attack as well.
- Iron Ladel 4: Cookie’s Cooking restores an additional 5 Health.
- Appetizers 4: Start of Game: Give friendly characters +9 Health.
- Highlord Omokk
- General Drakkisath
- Rend Blackhand
The new Bounties will be added to the Blackrock Zone. The new Mercenary Cards, Portraits, and Coins can be obtained through Mercenary Packs, similar to how Mini-Set cards are added to their expansion’s existing packs. They will also be added to all other places where these items can normally drop (such as from Bounties or the Fighting Pit), and any other future ways that these items will be able to be obtained. All future Mercenaries will continue to be added to that same general pool. Each new Mercenary will come with its own Task Chain, similar to those of the existing Mercenaries.
- Realm of Terror [Passive]
- Passive. Every 4 turns, ALL enemies fight the Lord of Terror and your warband for loot.
Diablo is a special event character that will only be in Battlegrounds for a limited time. In that time, he will be equally available to all players, not just those who have Battlegrounds perks.
- Sneed’s Replicator [Cost 1]
- Give a friendly minion: Deathrattle: Summon a random minion of the same Tavern Tier.
Cookie the Cook
- Stir the Pot [Cost 0]
- Throw a minion in your pot. When you’ve gathered 3, Discover from their minion types.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to Sneed and Cookie the Cook before they’re formally released on November 16.
When the 21.6 patch goes live on November 2, all players’ Duels ratings will be reset and the pool of eligible cards you can use to build your 15-card start deck will be updated to include cards from the new Deadmines Mini-Set. Please note that 21.6 will be the first time that players with active Heroic runs are cashed out for rewards based on their run progress when the patch goes live, and those players will be compensated with a Tavern Ticket (much like how active Arena runs are cashed out when sets rotate). Additionally, card buckets will be adjusted to account for the new Mini-Set cards.
LIMITED-TIME NEW HERO
Diablo will be Duels’s first dual-class character, combining powerful Warlock and Warrior card pools and effects!
Diablo has 3 new hero powers that you can unlock as you play:
- Primal Power [Cost 3]
- Deal 3 damage to yourself, then gain 3 Attack and 3 Armor.
- Demonic Transformation [Cost 1]
- Discard a random card. Add a random Demon to your hand with the same cost. It costs (2) less.
- Unlocked by summoning 25 minions with 8 or more Attack as Diablo.
- Doom Charge [Cost 6]
- Discover a minion from your deck. Summon a copy that attacks a random enemy. Then, it dies.
- Unlocked by gaining 66 Armor as Diablo.
Diablo also has 5 new signature treasures, 3 of which can be unlocked as you play (there is a 6th treasure coming in the future, but it will be unusable at patch launch):
- Claws of Terror
- 6 mana weapon. 6 Attack, 3 Durability. Start of Game: Draw this. Also damages adjacent minions.
- Fire Stomp
- 3 mana spell. Deal 3 damage to ALL enemy characters. Restore 1 Health for each enemy hit and 1 additional Health if it dies.
- 8 mana spell. Destroy all minions. Your opponent takes double damage for the rest of the game.
- Unlocked by destroying 150 characters as Diablo.
- Soulstone Trap
- 3 mana spell. Destroy a minion. Gain Attack and Armor equal to its Attack and Health.
- Unlocked by playing 30 weapons as Diablo.
- Horns of Flame
- 3 mana weapon. 0 Attack, 3 Durability. At the start of your turn, add a random Shadow or Fire spell to your hand.
- Unlocked by playing 100 Shadow or Fire spells as Diablo.
ACTIVE TREASURE UPDATE
- Add a Diablo Signature Treasure card to your hand. Shuffle this into your deck.
- Pool 2
- Available to all heroes except for Diablo.
- Starting in Patch 21.6, all original Scholomance Heroes will have all their unlock requirements removed.
Dev Comment: School’s out for Summer!
PASSIVE TREASURE UPDATES
- Old: At the end of your turn, transform a friendly minion into one that costs (1) more. → New: At the end of your turn, transform a friendly minion into one that costs (2) more.
Pillage the Fallen
- Old: Whenever your weapon is destroyed, equip a random weapon of the same cost. → New: Whenever your weapon is destroyed, equip a random weapon of the same cost. Give it +1 Attack.
All Shall Serve
- Old: Whenever a Demon dies, draw a card and deal 1 damage to your hero. → New: Whenever a Demon dies, draw a card.
- Old: After a friendly Dragon dies, give your minions +1/+2. → New: After a friendly Dragon dies, give two minions in your hand +1/+1.
The Floor is Lava
- Old: After you play a minion, deal 1 damage to it and give it +1 Attack. → New: After you play a minion, deal 1 damage to it and give it +2 Attack.
- Old: Your Weapons cost (1) less. → New: Your Weapons cost (1) less. At the start of the match, draw a weapon.
- Old: Whenever you play a Nature spell, restore 2 Health to your hero. → New: Whenever you play a Nature spell, restore 2 Health to all friendly characters.
- Old: Whenever damage is dealt to a Frozen enemy minion, destroy it. → New: Whenever you deal damage to a Frozen character, double it.
- Old: After you cast a Fire spell, summon a 1/2 Flame Elemental. → New: After you cast a Fire spell, summon a 1/2 Flame Elemental and add one to your hand.
- Old: Whenever you play a Holy spell, give all friendly minions +1 Health. → New: Whenever you play a Holy spell, give all friendly characters +1 Health.
- Old: After you play a Legendary minion, reduce the cost of a random minion in your hand by (1). → New: After you play a Legendary minion, reduce the cost of a random card in your hand by (2).
- Old: At the start of your turn, give a random minion in your hand +1/+1. → New: At the start of your turn, give two random minions in your hand +1/+1.
- Old: Your Taunt minions cost (3) less, but not less than (1). → New: Your Taunt minions cost (3) less, but not less than (2).
Orb of Revelation
- Old: After your first Discover in a turn, reduce the cost of spells in your hand by (1), but not less than (1). → New: After your first Discover in a turn, reduce the cost of spells in your hand by (1), but not less than (2).
- Old: Whenever you cast a Fel spell, give a minion in your hand +3/+2. → New: Whenever you cast a Fel spell, give the left- and right-most minions in your hand +2/+2.
- Old: After you destroy a minion with a Shadow spell, add a copy of that minion to your hand. → New: After you destroy a minion with a Shadow spell, add a copy of that minion to your hand. Reduce its costs by (2).
From the Swamp
- Old: After the first enemy dies each turn, raise a 1/3 Bloated Zombie. → New: After the first enemy dies each turn, raise a 1/1 Bloated Zombie.
- Old: At the start of the game, equip a random Legendary weapon. → New: On your first turn, Discover a Legendary weapon.
- Old: After a friendly Deathrattle minion dies, destroy the minion with the lowest Health. → New: After a friendly Deathrattle minion dies, trigger the Deathrattle of a friendly minion.
All Together Now
- Old: Your Battlecry cards cost (1) less, but not less than (1). → New: Your Battlecry cards cost (1) less, but not less than (2).
Elixir of Vigor
- Old: After you play a minion, shuffle two copies of it into your deck. They cost (1). → New: After you play a minion, shuffle two copies of it into your deck. They cost (3).
Ooops, All Spells!
- Old: At the start of the game, destroy all minions in your deck. Your spells cost (1) less and gain +2 Spell Damage. → New: At the start of the game, destroy all minions in your deck. Your spells cost (1) less.
- Old: Your Neutral minions cost (1) less and have +1/+1. → New: Your Neutral minions have +1/+1 and cost (1) less, but not less that (2).
Rally the Troops
- Old: After you play your first Battlecry card in a turn, draw a card. It costs (2) less. → New: After you play your first Battlecry card in a turn, draw a card. It costs (2) less, but not less than (2).
PASSIVE TREASURE POOL UPDATES
- Small Pouches, Rhonin’s Scrying Orb, Caltrops and Scattered Caltrops have been removed.
- Small Backpacks has returned to Duels in Pool 1.
- Book of Wonders, Cannibalism, Starving, From the Swamp, and All Together Now have been moved from Pool 2 to Pool 1.
- Elixir of Vigor, Ooops, All Spells!, Meek Mastery, and Rally the Troops have been moved from Pool 2 Ultra Rare to Pool 2.
When the Deadmines Mini-Set unlocks on November 2, the Arena will include cards from the following sets:
- Deadmines Mini-Set
- United in Stormwind
- Ashes of Outland
- Rise of Shadows
- Knights of the Frozen Throne
- Journey to Un’Goro
- Mean Streets of Gadgetzan
November 2 also marks the start of the Hallow’s End Dual-Class Arena event. Pick a class’s costumed portrait, then pick another class’s hero power, and build a deck from a combination of the two!
Battle-Ready Decks Return November 2!
Battle-Ready Decks will return to the shop for a limited time with four decks (Rogue, Druid, Hunter, or Paladin) designed to be immediately competitive in the latest meta—some of these are so fresh that they include Mini-Set cards! 21.6 Battle-Ready Deck recipes will be added to the patch notes here when they become available for purchase on November 2 for $14.99 and will be limited to one per account.
Agents of SI:7 – Rogue
Go go Gizmo! Utilize the agents of SI:7 to collect sneaky Spy Gizmos that can surprise your enemies and swing the battle in your favor. Contains 30 Cards total, 24 disenchantable: 3 Legendary, 4 Epic, 6 Rare, 11 Common.
- 2x (0) Shadowstep
- 1x (1) Find the Imposter
- 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
- 2x (1) Secret Passage
- 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
- 2x (1) Spymistress
- 2x (2) SI:7 Skulker
- 2x (2) Swindle
- 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
- 2x (3) Greyheart Sage
- 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
- 2x (3) SI:7 Operative
- 1x (4) Edwin, Defias Kingpin
- 2x (4) SI:7 Infiltrator
- 2x (4) SI:7 Informant
- 1x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
- 2x (7) SI:7 Assassin
Swaming Squirrels – Druid
Swarm the enemy with early Taunts, Squirrels and a Peasant!? Go nuts with powerful token-based synergies and finish with Arbor Up! Contains 30 Cards total, 30 disenchantable: 2 Legendary, 4 Epic, 12 Rare, 12 Common.
- 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
- 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
- 2x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
- 2x (1) Peasant
- 2x (1) Vibrant Squirrel
- 2x (2) Bonechewer Brawler
- 2x (2) Composting
- 2x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
- 2x (2) Far Watch Post
- 2x (2) Razormane Battleguard
- 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
- 2x (4) Park Panther
- 2x (5) Arbor Up
- 1x (5) Greybough
- 2x (5) Teacher’s Pet
- 1x (6) Cornelius Roame
Dwarven Defense – Hunter
Cast damage dealing spells to fend off enemies. Once you’ve cast 6, turn the tables of battle with the aid of Tavish, Master Marksman. Contains 30 Cards total, 21 disenchantable: 4 Legendary, 3 Rare, 14 Common.
- 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
- 2x (1) Arcane Shot
- 1x (1) Defend the Dwarven District
- 2x (1) Overwhelm
- 2x (1) Tracking
- 2x (1) Wound Prey
- 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
- 2x (2) Bola Shot
- 2x (2) Explosive Trap
- 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
- 2x (2) Quick Shot
- 2x (2) Wandmaker
- 2x (3) Aimed Shot
- 1x (3) Professor Slate
- 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
- 2x (4) Piercing Shot
- 1x (4) Rinling’s Rifle
- 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
Knights of Stormwind – Paladin
Defend Stormwind through unity and honor! Strengthen your minions with powerful hand buffs to overwhelm your foes. Contains 30 Cards total, 23 disenchantable: 3 Legendary, 2 Epic, 9 Rare, 9 Common.
- 2x (1) Argent Squire
- 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
- 2x (1) Prismatic Jewel Kit
- 2x (1) Righteous Protector
- 2x (2) Annoy-o-Tron
- 1x (2) Deeprun Engineer
- 2x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
- 2x (2) Hand of A’dal
- 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
- 2x (3) Catacomb Guard
- 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
- 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
- 2x (4) First Blade of Wrynn
- 1x (5) Blessing of Authority
- 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
- 2x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
- 1x (6) Highlord Fordragon
- 1x (6) Mr. Smite
Book of Mercenaries Cariel – Coming November 9!
The paladin Cariel Roame has returned home to find Stormwind in flames. Her sister Tamsin has summoned the dreadlord Anetheron and assaulted the city with an army of demons. Cariel and her companions are the city’s last line of defense. At least one mercenary won’t make it out alive. Find out who when Book of Mercenaries Cariel launches November 9. Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Paladin pack, containing only Paladin cards from Standard!
Bug Fixes & Game Improvements
- The following cards have been added to the Shadow Spell School: Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, Mask of C’Thun, Idol of Y’Shaarj. Trifle with the Old Gods at your own risk!
- A Bleed that is Cast When Drawn will now consume the temporary Talented Arcanist Spell Damage increase.
- Temporary Spell Damage will no longer apply to delayed effects like sigils or secrets. (For example, playing Prestor’s Pyromancer and then Flame Ward will consume the temporary Spell Damage effect, but will not apply the additional Spell Damage when the Flame Ward is eventually triggered).
- Fixed a bug where playing an additional copy of Razormane Battleguard would cause an additional Taunt minion to be discounted that turn.
- Fixed a bug where Prismatic Jewel Kit would trigger from transform effects.
- Fixed a bug where Blightborn Tamsin did not redirect damage that was redirected back at the player through Eye for an Eye.
- Fixed a bug that caused Rat King to duplicate itself when paired with cards that trigger extra Deathrattle effects.
- Fixed a bug that caused Alexstrasza the Life-Binder to be unable to deal damage to a player when the player activated an Ice Block and then changed heroes.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Supercollider animation to play twice.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause a card to show the wrong Cardback and be unable to be flipped over during pack openings.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Battlegrounds matchmaking in friend lobbies.
- Fixed a bug that caused Early Access heroes to be unevenly distributed when guaranteed in every game. We are re-enabling the system that guarantees that Early Access heroes are offered in every game where players have Battlegrounds Perks.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Tarecgosa from keeping all buffs gained in combat.
- Fixed a bug where Dynamic Duo’s effect would not trigger from Charlga playing a Blood Gem on itself.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Mercenaries Welcome Bundle shop image to sometimes display a random Epic as part of the bundle, instead of the random Legendary that is actually part of the product.
- Updated some Mercenaries tasks that could not be completed as written.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Bear Trap ranks 2-5 from working properly with Rigged Wiring ranks 1-3.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Blink Fox’s Mind Thief Ability from copying Abilities that summon minions.
- Updated the art on some Mercenaries Abilities that were incorrectly still displaying temp art.
- Updated miscellaneous descriptions on some Mercenaries Abilities and Equipment to fix typographical errors, better match style guides, and/or clarify their text.
- Updated some Mercenaries Treasure names that incorrectly used Roman numerals.
- Fixed a bug that required you to restart your client after unlocking Wild for you to be able to access Wild.
- Fixed a bug that caused some in-game purchases to not immediately appear as “owned” after purchasing.
- Fixed a bug that rarely caused achievement progress and points to show as empty upon login.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some achievements from being able to be completed or claimed.
- Fixed a bug with the seamless re-connect feature.
- Updated Unity version.
- Fixed bugs causing crashes and miscellaneous other general performance issues.
- (NEW) You will no longer be prompted to auto-complete an invalid deck every time you click “Done” while editing it. The “Complete My Deck” button will continue to let you automatically finish an invalid deck if desired.
- (NEW) We’ve added a landing page to the Heroes tab of the Collection manager to show your currently-favorited heroes, organize all heroes by class, and more easily track your collection.