A huge patch 20.4, which was announced yesterday, is now out. Here’s a quick reminder of what’s in the update:
- Wailing Caverns Release – Mini-set with 35 new cards will be out!
- Constructed Balance Changes – Nerfs to First Day of School, Hand of A’dal and a small, surprising nerf to Unbound Elemental (although it makes almost no difference in Standard).
- Battlegrounds Update – Two new Heroes, one new minion. Maiev Shadowsong removed from the Hero Pool and Siegebreaker removed from minion pool. Quilboar no longer guaranteed in every lobby.
- Duels Update – Wailing Caverns mini-set added, changes that make passive treasure offering system less deterministic.
- Arena Rotation – Mean Streets of Gadgetzan and Rise of Shadows removed. Goblins vs Gnomes, Kobolds & Catacombs and Wailing Caverns added.
- Hero Skins & Card Backs Available For Gold – 11 Heroes and 94 Card Backs will now be permanently available for Gold purchase. Card backs will cost 500/600 Gold, while Heroes will cost 1200/1800 Gold. More will get added later.
- Book of Mercenaries & Heroes – We’ll have a lot of new PvE content dropping soon. Book of Mercenaries – Xyrella will drop with the patch (June 3), Book of Mercenaries – Guff on June 15 and Book of Heroes – Malfurion on June 22.
- Bug Fixes & Game Improvements – A long list of bug fixes, spelling error fixes, QoL features, and smaller updates.
If you want to read full patch notes, check out this post!
Now that players have access to all 35 Wailing Caverns cards, they can purchase the entire mini-set for 2000 Gold / $14.99. Alternatively, everyone can open new cards in the packs or simply craft them.