Today is the day! A big announcement stream is starting soon, and while we don’t know what exactly will be announced, Blizzard has shared some spicy details. Apparently, they’ll announce new expansion, game mode and progression system (as in revamped quests/rewards/battle pass they’ve talked about a couple months ago – and possibly achievements system too). That’s quite a lot of info at the same time, and it also comes earlier than usually – normally it would take at least another week or two for a new expansion announcement, so we’re wondering what they might be planning.
The stream starts at 8 AM PT / 11 AM ET / 17:00 CET on PlayHearthstone Twitch channel and on YouTube – keep that time in mind, because it’s 2 hours earlier than most of the announcement streams in the past. If you can’t watch it live, don’t worry, we’ll be posting about everything that happens during the stream in this thread, as well as on social media!
If you want some free packs for watching the stream, that’s your lucky day! Twitch drops will be active between 7:30 AM PT (30 minutes before stream beings) and 9 AM PT (probably around the time stream ends). During that time, watch the stream for 15 minutes to earn one Scholomance Academy card pack. Watch for another 30 minutes (45 in total) for another pack. That’s pretty quick compared to the usual drops, which require you to watch streams for 2-4 hours.
Remember that you need to connect your Twitch & Battle.net accounts to be eligible for drops! Here’s how you can do it:
- Log in or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Battle.net account on which you’d like to receive your rewards.
Fall Reveal Recap
- The upcoming Hearthstone expansion is Madness at the Darkmoon Faire. We have a full guide for it here!
- New game mode is called Duels and it’s a PvP version of Dungeon Run. Learn more about it here!
- Progression system is getting a massive update. Rewards track will get added, Quests will get a revamp (including the addition of all-new Weekly Quests), we’ll get a new Achievements system and player profiles will get an overhaul. Learn more here!
- At the half point of each expansion, Blizzard will launch smaller, 35 cards mini-sets that will be added to card packs.
Madness at Darkmoon Faire Revealed Cards:
Corrupt mechanic upgrades the card when it’s in your hand and you play a more expensive card. E.g. if you have a 3 mana Corrupt card, if you play a 4+ cost card it gets corrupted and gets a stronger effect.