This style of Token Druid is still in the early stages of construction in the Frozen Throne meta, but with all these aggressive early game minions and ability to buff them it can easily overrun many current decks.
Knights of the Frozen Throne Update
I’ve swapped out Eggnapper for Druid of the Swarm. You don’t have to make this change, this deck is already pretty solid without it. Druid of the Swarm gives you flexibility and can deal with pesky taunts by going with the Poisonous option. Another consideration you can make is swapping out Argent Squire for Acherus Veteran. I like Squire better because it is more likely to survive, but Veteran allows you to trade up while developing a minion.
Crypt Lord probably belongs in this deck, but you are missing Living Mana and the Pirate Package which helps buff it and makes it better.
Future Druid Builds
If you’ve built this deck then you will want to push towards building the more meta version: Token Druid.
Budget Beast Token Druid Mulligan Guide
You really want 1-drops, especially Fire Fly and Enchanted Raven. You are looking for an early power play, which is why you also keep Innervate. This allows you to potentially play a crazy turn with multiple minions and a buff like Mark of the Lotus or Power of the Wild on turn 1 or 2. As long as you have a 1-drop in your hand already you should then keep Mark of the Lotus. I’ve always swapped Golakka Crawler for Dire Wolf Alpha. If you start running into a lot of Pirates then go ahead and swap back.
Only keep 1 Innervate or Mark of the Lotus, you mostly want minions in your hand.
Future Card Replacements for Budget Beast Token Druid
- 2x Druid of the Claw > Bittertide Hydra – Druid of the Claw is a good card, but it’s not nearly as imposing as Bittertide.
- 2x Argent Squire, 1x Swipe > 2x Bloodsail Corsair, 1x Patches the Pirate – The Pirate Package provides easy early minions on the board to receive buffs and push damage.
- 1x Defender of Argus, 1x Swipe > 2x Living Mana – Living Mana is one of your ways to win after your initial board gets blown out. It can be a dead card early in the game, but once your opponent has spent their resouces to wipe your board Living Mana brings you back into the game.
If you happen to have 2x Murloc Warleader and Finja, the Flying Star you can remove most of the Beast package and make it more murloc-centric (add Murlocs like Murloc Tidecaller, Bluegill Warrior, Rockpool Hunter, and Primalfin Lookout.
- Pantry Spider – If you have the Karazhan expansion you can replace Vicious Fledgling with the spider.
- Eggnapper – A fine card, but the initial body isn’t a Beast which can make it sometimes awkward.
- Acherus Veteran – A possibly good addition to the deck, but is obviously better when you have a minion already on the board. Could still be played as a 2/1 body on turn one.
- Crypt Lord – If you have it you can slot it in for Tar Creeper, but it’s better with Living Mana.
- Crazed Alchemist – If you have Crypt Lord then Crazed Alchemist can help be a finisher for you. Buff up the health of Crypt Lord and then swap it for lethal. He can also be good with Tar Creeper and the 1/5 Taunts from Druid of the Swarm.