Finally! We hoped for it ever since Heartsthone Esports moved from Twitch to YouTube, since the functionality already existed on the other platform, and it’s finally there. Drops are coming to Hearthstone Esports on YouTube. The closest opportunity to get them will be Grandmasters Season 1 (starting this weekend, April 9), but they will also be present for Season 2, Masters Tour events, as well as World Championship.
You will be able to earn up to 6 packs during the course of Grandmasters 2021 Season 1:
- Grandmasters Week 1: 2x Year of the Phoenix Pack
- Grandmasters Weeks 2 – 7: 2x Year of the Phoenix Pack
- Grandmasters Playoffs: 2x Forge din the Barrens Pack
During each of those periods, watch official streams for 2 hours to get your first pack, and 2 more hours (4 in total) to get the second one. Your time is cumulative, which is especially useful during the second period. For example, you might watch it only for an hour each week and you will still get your packs.
But first, in order to be eligible, you need to link your Battle.net account to YouTube account. Since there were no previous incentives to do it for Hearthstone players, I assume that most of you don’t have the accounts connected. Be sure to do it before you start watching Grandmasters for the drops.
Update: As Thorn pointed out in the comments, you have to watch the streams from web browsers or mobile app on your Phone. App on TV or “other media devices” won’t count for the drops.
For more information, the list of official channels on which drops will be active and instruction on connecting your accounts, read the official blog post below:
Drops are back! To celebrate the launch of Grandmasters 2021 Season 1, we’ll be activating YouTube Drops during this weekend’s live broadcasts. All you need to do is create a Blizzard account and link it with your YouTube account, then sit back and collect Year of the Phoenix packs as you watch 48 of the top Hearthstone players from around the world compete over eight weeks.
In addition to opening weekend Drops, you’ll have a chance to receive two Year of the Phoenix packs over the course of Week 2 through Week 7, and then two Forged in the Barrens packs during Playoff weekend, for a total of six drops during the first season of Grandmasters. This isn’t just for Season 1: we’re giving packs away all year, with Drops during Season 2, the next five Masters Tours, and the World Championship!
Earning Grandmasters Season 1 Drops
On one of the eligible YouTube Gaming channels, watch two total hours to receive one pack and two more hours for your second. Time watched is cumulative within each of the three reward blocks, so even if you can’t watch for the full four hours in one sitting your time will still count toward earning the Drops.
- Grandmasters Week 1: Year of the Phoenix (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Weeks 2 – 7: Year of the Phoenix (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Playoffs: Forged in the Barrens (max 2 packs)
- English (Hearthstone)
- English (HearthstoneEsports)
- Portuguese (LATAM)
- Spanish (LATAM)
Connecting Your Accounts
Before you can receive rewards, you’ll need to link your YouTube and Blizzard Battle.net accounts. Here’s how:
- Log in or create an account on YouTube.
- Navigate to Account Sharing under “Connected Apps” in Settings.
- Select “Connect” next to Battle.net
- Follow the simple prompts to finish connecting accounts.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Blizzard account on which you’d like to receive your Drops.
- Click here for a full set of official rules for Hearthstone Grandmasters 2021 Season 1 YouTube Drops.
Stay tuned for more details on Grandmasters Season 1, and remember to Subscribe to the Hearthstone YouTube channel to receive notifications when each broadcast starts. Good luck, have fun, and we’ll see you in the Tavern!