This week’s Tavern Brawl is “Gift Exchange”!
Discuss this Tavern Brawl on our Discord!
Official Description for Gift Exchange
Great Father is dropping cards on the battlefield! Get a gift each time you smash your opponent’s crate… or your own!
Gift Exchange Chalkboard
- Earn a Winter Veil Treat Card Back for your first win in this Brawl. If you already have it, you’ll get a Year of the Gryphon card pack instead.
- It’s the sixth time we see this Brawl. Last time we’ve seen it on December 16, 2020.
- This is a PvP Brawl.
- Brawl’s format is Wild.
- It’s a Constructed Brawl – you need to pick a Hero and build your own deck.
- Each turn, if you don’t already have one, a Winter's Veil Gift spawns on your side of the board. If you destroy your opponent’s or your own ON YOUR TURN, you’ll receive a Stolen Winter's Veil Gift.
- If you destroyed your opponent’s Gift, then you’ll get a choice of three of your opponent’s class cards that are all reduced by 5 mana. If you destroyed your own gift, then you’ll get a choice of three of yours class cards that are all reduced by 5 mana. In each of these scenarios, one of the cards you receive has a chance to be Hardpacked Snowballs which is a pretty valuable card.
- You really want to destroy as many Winter's Veil Gifts as you can. It seems the cards you get to choose from are clearly skewed towards Legendaries and Epics, and getting (for example) a Tirion Fordring for 3-mana is pretty strong!
- Crazed Alchemist and similar effects are good because they can insta-kill a Gift. Warlock is also strong with Power Overwhelming, Void Terror or Grim Rally, which work well with the Gifts. Similarly, class like Paladin, which can buff the Gifts and attack with them is pretty nice.