Patch 25.6 was released yesterday. Those major patches, while fixing a lot of bugs, are usually also riddled with many issues of their own. Interestingly enough, it looks like Patch 25.6 is quite light on the bugs. Even the worst ones aren’t gamebreaking in any way and mostly look like easy fixes.
The first issue is that some of the Battlegrounds Heroes (but more likely their new buddies) have started causing problems and the Heroes needed to be disabled temporarily. It affected Sire Denathrius and Enhance-o-Mechano, the latter one causing some serious crashes, but it was quickly fixed.
Another one concerns visuals/audio – we have some missing Hero Power animations and background audio from other apps can no longer be played on mobile. The latter is a temporary fix to another issue regarding crashing and will get patched as soon as they find a permanent solution to the problem.
The last notable issue is that the E.T.C., Band Manager‘s “band” (or sideboard) still doesn’t work with the official deck builder. But don’t worry, I don’t think it works with any online deck builder yet, including ours.
We’ll keep you updated on new issues and hotfixes. Check out a full list below:
Patch 25.6 is now live! It brings Buddies back to Battlegrounds and sets the stage for Hearthstone’s next expansion, Festival of Legends! You can login now to get your free E.T.C., Band Manager Legendary card. Follow this post for information about known issues we’re tracking this patch.
The issues we’re tracking this patch include:
- In Battlegrounds, Sire Denathrius and his Buddy are temporarily banned due to a bug. They are scheduled to return to the game in the next major patch.
- [Resolved 3/15] We are tracking reports of disconnections in Battlegrounds since the new patch. We have temporarily banned Enhance-o Mechano and its Buddy while we investigate this issue. Update: This issue has been resolved and Enhance-o Mechano and its Buddy have been un-banned.
- The team is aware that the new Hero Power animation for the Inzah Shaman hero skin is missing. It will be reconnected soon.
- The team is investigating a visual bug with Hero Power animation for the Hedanis Priest hero skin.
- The team is aware that sounds from other apps can no longer be played while playing on mobile. This was an intentional change made as a temporary solution to a bug with background sounds causing crashes. A permanent solution to the bug that also allows for other apps to play sounds is scheduled for a future patch.
- [Added 3/14] The team is aware that E.T.C.’s Band can’t make it into the official Deck Builder. It’s an exclusive joint, but he’s working on getting them their credentials.
We will continue to update this post as we get more information.
Aren’t there serious issues with disconnects from BG lobbies? I for myself had ‘the joy’ to expierence this 2 times yesterday, one of those runs I had ETCon my way to my 1st Spicy Pretzel Mustard ’til top 3 where I was thrown out of the lobby without any chance to reconnect. 🙁
There were, as listed in the issues, but they were already fixed at the time I posted this. Blizzard quickly figured out that they have something to do with Enahnce-o-Mechano’s buddy and disabled the Hero temporarily.
Unless they messed something up and the issues were still there, but I haven’t heard about them after the fix.