New patch was just released (on PC, you might have to wait a bit longer on mobile). The patch adds all of the Scholomance Academy cards to the client.
Additionally, it introduces a new Battlegrounds Hero – Mr. Bigglesworth. It also replaces two existing minions – Zoobot and Menagerie Magician – with counterparts unique to BG that are more balanced for the format.
On top of that, we’ve got a bunch of bug fixes, and more info about launch freebies. Every player will get a random Class Legendary just for logging in. We’ll get a 3-part Legendary Quest, first part dropping on the launch day. Each of them will give two Scholomance Academy packs, for 6 in total.
Read more in the official patch notes below:
Today’s 18.0 patch includes a smattering of Battlegrounds updates and game improvements. Its arrival means Hearthstone’s newest expansion, Scholomance Academy, is almost here! All Scholomance Academy cards have officially been revealed and while you can’t use the new cards until they’ve unlocked on August 6, you can get a head start on building your launch day decks with our online deck builder!
- Kel’Thuzad’s Kitty [Passive]
- When a player dies, Discover a minion from their warband. It keeps any enchantments.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to Mr. Bigglesworth before the hero is formally released on August 13.
- [Tier 2] 2 Attack, 2 Health
- Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +1/+1.
- [Tier 4] 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +2/+2.
- Zoobot has been removed from Battlegrounds
- Menagerie Magician has been removed from Battlegrounds.
Game Improvements & Miscellaneous Updates
- Class specific weapon frames have been added to every weapon in Hearthstone.
- Scholomance Academy cards will be added to Arena when the expansion unlocks on August 6.
- Free decks for new and returning players have been updated (recipes can be found here).*
- Returning players no longer need to complete the returning player experience to claim their free deck.
- Poisonous damage now has a special poison damage indicator and effect.
- Pressing the Hide button on mobile when making a card choice in game will now also hide the banner that describes the choice, no longer obscuring vision of the opponent’s armor total.
- Spells created by Evocation will now disappear at the same time at the end of the turn instead of one by one.
- Target indicators will now more accurately represent an opponent’s target selection when aiming a Battlecry or targeted spell.
- Removed a delay from the damage effect for Mad Bomber and Demolisher.
- Reduced the delay between casting Plot Twist and its shuffling animation.
- Fixed a bug where Galakrond the Tempest was showing the upgrade animation over the deck upon the fourth Invoke.
- Fixed a bug where heroes would not slot back into their portraits correctly after attacking.
- Fixed visual display issues with Deathwing’s Battlegrounds hero power.
- Battlegrounds summon speed improvements for Pack Leader and Mama Bear have been re-introduced.
* Limited one per account. A returning player is defined as one who has not logged into Hearthstone for 120 consecutive days.
Free Class Legendary & Launch Quests
Starting August 6, players will receive a random Scholomance Academy Legendary class card just for logging in, and can complete a chain of Legendary Quests to earn a total of six Scholomance Academy card packs!** Quests will be initially available on the following dates:
- August 6, 10:00 AM PT: Play 25 Cards in Play mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs.
- August 7, 10:00 AM PT: Play 20 Spells in any mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs
- August 8, 10:00 AM PT: Win 3 games any mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs.
** Limit one random Legendary class card per account. Must log in by October 27 to claim.