It’s been a while since we’ve last seen them, but Twitch Drops for Forged in the Barrens Packs are now live! Starting now, you can get up to two Forged in the Barrens packs for watching ANY Hearthstone stream on Twitch. You get your first pack after 2 hours of watching, and your second one after 2 hours more (so you need to spend at least 4 hours in total). Just like always, you don’t need to actively watch the stream, you can mute it and just leave it running if you want.
All you need to do is connect your Twitch account and open your favorite stream. However, there have been some rule changes since the last drops – you can read about them in detail in the blog post below, but long story short is that you need to claim your packs one by one right now, they won’t be given out automatically. You have to claim your first pack before you start clocking in time for the second one. And you need to claim them within 24 hours or earning them, because otherwise they expire.
Twitch drops have just started, and they will last all the way until April 4 at 8 PM PT (which is April 5 at 5 AM CEST), so basically until the end of the weekend.
Read more in the official blog post below:
Watch any Hearthstone channel on Twitch between April 2 at 9:00 a.m. PT and April 4 at 8:00 p.m. PT for 2 hours to earn 1 Forged in the Barrens card pack! Watch for 2 more hours and you’ll receive another one! Twitch has updated how drops work on their end, and this is Hearthstone’s first time utilizing Twitch Drops since these changes were put into place. Here is what you need to know:
- You’ll now be able to see your watch time progress towards any given drop.
- You will no longer receive drop rewards automatically. You must instead claim the drop on the channel you’re watching or in the Drops Inventory menu on Twitch within the first 24 hours of earning it.
- You will need to claim your first Twitch Drop reward BEFORE you can earn progress towards a second.
- Twitch users can now earn rewards before linking their Battle.net account to Twitch. Rewards will expire 7 days after they’ve been claimed if a Battle.net account has not been linked.
After you’ve claimed a reward on Twitch, please make sure you’re logging into the region you’d like to receive the drop(s) on, as the first region you log into will be where we deliver your packs. It can take up to ~30 minutes to receive your reward(s) in game after claiming. You must link your Twitch and Battle.net accounts before you can receive a drop.
Link Your Battle.net & Twitch Accounts
You’ll need to link your Twitch.tv and Battle.net accounts to receive Twitch Drops. Here’s how:
- Log in or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Battle.net account on which you’d like to receive your rewards.