Update: The patch is now live. It’s a server-side hotfix, so you don’t need to download anything!
Earlier today, Blizzard announced that a new update will go live on Wednesday, March 23 (tomorrow). They already teased the fact that Friend of a Friend will be gone from Battlegrounds yesterday, but now we have full patch notes.
On top of removing the Tier 6 minion, we’re also getting a bunch of Battlegrounds balance changes. Multiple Heroes will get their Armor adjusted (they will either gain more or less at the start of the match).
Additionally, we have a couple of bug fixes, including adding rewards for finishing all of the Book of Mercenaries solo adventures (if you already finished it and didn’t get anything, don’t worry, they will be added retroactively).
You can find full patch notes below:
Patch 22.6.1 is a server hotfix going live on Wednesday, March 23. This patch includes Bug Fixes and changes to Battlegrounds.
- Friend of a Friend has been removed from the minion pool. See the Developer Comment 999 for more details as to why.
- Several heroes are moving up Armor Tiers (more Armor):
- Lord Barov, Millificent Manastorm, Onyxia, and Tavish Stormpike are now in Armor Tier 2 (2-5 Armor)
- Bru’kan is now in Armor Tier 3 (3-6 Armor)
- Greybough, Kael’thas, and Rokara are now in Armor Tier 4 (4-7 Armor)
- Captain Eudora, Master Nguyen, and Reno Jackson are now in Armor Tier 5 (5-8 Armor)
- Drek’Thar, Elise Starseeker, and Sindragosa are now in Armor Tier 6 (6-9 Armor)
- Illidan, Lich Baz’hial, Mr. Bigglesworth, Pyramad, Tamsin Roame, and Vanndar are now in Armor Tier 7 (7-10 Armor)
- Several heroes are moving down Armor Tiers (less Armor):
- Aranna Starseeker, Deathwing, Maiev Shadowsong, Scabbs Cutterbutter, and Tess Greymane are now in Armor Tier 1 (0 Armor)
- Ambassador Faelin is now in Armor Tier 2 (2-5 Armor)
- Queen Wagtoggle is now in Amor Tier 3 (3-6 Armor)
- Correction: Shudderwock is now in Armor Tier 5 (5-8 Armor)
Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be locked if they filled up their Mercenaries Party before completing tutorial Tasks that included adding Mercenaries to your Party
- Fixed a product shop image that did not match the description or actual product content
- Disabled the blank “completed all Book of Mercenaries” pop-up; rewards will be added (and awarded retroactively for those who already earned them) in a later patch