Just a week after Hearthstone Battlegrounds entered Open Beta (and became available to everyone), we already have a first bigger update (extra note: it will be done server-side, no need to download anything). This time around, we’re getting 4 new Heroes, as well as a few balance changes and bug fixes. If we add those all together, they should make a solid impact on the Battlegrounds meta. Here’s a quick summary of this patch:
- MMR changes – in the current system, players gained 240 points for 1st place (+-, based on MMR of other people you’ve played against) at the beginning, and then down to 24 after 150 games. In the current system, players will start with 190 points for 1st place, which will gradually go down to 95 after 150 games. It means that your first games will have slightly lower impact, but later games will move you up or down by a lot more. The reason for those changes is so players will be able to get to their “true” MMR quicker, even if they started with a big win/lose streak.
- Four new heroes – Brann Bronzebeard, Elise Starseeker, Sir Finley Mrrgglton and Sindragosa (you can find them below).
- Four heroes rotate out to make place for the above – King Mukla, Millificent Manastorm, Giantfin and Lich Baz’hial.
- Junkbot moved from Tier 4 to Tier 5.
- Coldlight Seer moved from Tier 3 to Tier 2.
- Primalfin Lookout moved from Tier 5 to Tier 4.
- Voidlord moved from Tier 6 to Tier 5.
- Bug fixes – Triple Infested Wolf & Rat Pack will be in the correct Tier, Plant & Snake Tokens are now properly Tier 1 for the sake of damage.
What’s important to mention is that another patch will come out in just over 2 weeks – on December 5 (confirmed recently by Mike Donais). It will most likely also be a Descent of Dragons pre-patch, adding all of the expansion’s assets etc. into the game. When it comes to Battlegrounds, December update should add three new heroes (“some recognizable faces”) and two new minions (King Bagurgle – a Battlegrounds-exclusive Murloc buffer + Floating Watcher for Demons). We should also see more balance changes, although we don’t know which minions (or heroes) will get affected yet.
Team 5 is also working on the first version of Stats feature, which should give you both insight into your performance (such as top five Heroes), as well as give you some fun stats (e.g. how many triples you’ve created). First iteration of Stats MIGHT be available in December, but we’ll have to wait until next year for an updated version.
Read full patch notes in the official blog post below!
Bob the Bartender has been hard at work keeping the tavern tidy for Hearthstone’s heroes, and it appears that the news has started to spread. Hearthstone Battlegrounds is about to add some extra chaos—and a few Explorers—with a new update coming to the mode today.
Sindragosa, Elise Starseeker, Brann Bronzebeard, and Sir Finley Mrrgglton are the latest heroes to enter the Battlegrounds. Each one comes with a new hero power to give you more options to push toward a first-place finish. Read on for details on these new heroes, as well as some additional updates coming to Hearthstone Battlegrounds.
Please note that these updates do not require an additional download.
Heroes Entering the Battlegrounds
The following Heroes have been added:
- New Hero: Sindragosa
- New Hero: Elise Starseeker
NOTE: The “Recruitment Map” recruits a minion from your current tavern tier after upgrading Bob’s Tavern.
- New Hero: Brann Bronzebeard
- New Hero: Sir Finley Mrrgglton
Heroes Leaving the Battlegrounds
To make way for new challengers, the Heroes below have left Hearthstone Battlegrounds for the time being. We may see them return in a future update.
- King Mukla
- Millificent Manastorm
- Lich Baz’hial
- Primalfin Lookout
- Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4
- Moved from Tavern Tier 6 to Tavern Tier 5
- Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 5
- Coldlight Seer
- Moved from Tavern Tier 3 to Tavern Tier 2
Developer comments: We wanted to buff both Demons and Murlocs, so we moved those minions down a Tavern Tier. Junkbot was a bit too strong for Tavern Tier 4 and often made it so mech players never had a good reason to upgrade to Tavern Tier 5. With these changes, we think the minion types are closer together in power level.
We’ve made adjustments to the number of points given for first place. In the original system, you got 240 points for a first place on your first game, and 24 pts for a first place on your 150th (or later) game. Now, you will get 190 pts for a first place on your first game and 95 pts for a first place on your 150th (or later) game.Bug Fixes
- Infested Wolf
- The Triple version of Infested Wolf has been moved from Tavern Tier 2 to Tavern Tier 3, consistent with its base form.
- Rat Pack
- The Triple version of Rat Pack has been moved from Tavern Tier 3 to Tavern Tier 2, consistent with its base form.
- Plant tokens spawned from Adapt effects are now Tavern Tier 1.
- Snake tokens spawned from Snake Trap are now Tavern Tier 1.
As of today, we are planning our next Battlegrounds update for early December. Below is a brief preview of some of the things we’re working on.
- We’d like to continue balancing minions and Heroes based on how they’re performing. We don’t have the changes solidified yet, but we’ll be watching things closely and will have more to say soon.
- We’d like to continue rotating new Heroes into the game while rotating some existing Heroes out. We have some recognizable faces we’re working to include in December.
- We have two new minions in the works that we’re currently planning to include in the December update: King Bagurgle, a brand-new card, and Floating Watcher, which you may recognize from the Goblins vs. Gnomes set.
- We have been working on the first iteration of the Stats feature, to give you more insight into your performance. We’d like to surface some fun stats, like how many Triples you’ve created, your top five Heroes by wins, and more. An updated version of Stats will be available next year.