- Battlefiend, Demon Companion, Spirit Jailer, Bonechewer Brawler, Umberwing
- IF got #1 THEN Beaming Sidekick, Guardian Augmerchant (Don't gamble with buffers and nothing to buff)
- IF going 2nd and against aggro, keep Twin Slice for tempo swing
- IF got Umberwing THEN Satyr Overseer, it's juicy
- VORACIOUS READER IS A TRAP, NEVER KEEP!!
After enjoying the more typical controllish “Souls” DH for a fair bit last season (and the old grindy “hit face very many times with glaves” control version last set) , I wanted to try something more aggressive and took this list to EU legend in two evenings.
I was curious about how the Souls deck wins the game in general, bit of nibbling with critters and then a few meaty big hits with Marrowslicer and Soulshard Lapidary. This can fail to a few well placed taunts or a pile of armor, so I wanted to finish the game before we got there.
- No Skull, often requires setup and usually causes loss of tempo. Rather have my big card win the board or the game.
- Voracious Reader, I dumped all the usual cycle and draw maximize aggression and tempo. With high pressure and multiple “must kill” targets it can net very high value.
- “But what if you don’t have souls in deck for on-curve Lapidary?” seemed rather in line with “What if you don’t have a weapon equipped for on-curve Adept?” Didn’t seem to be an issue, usually you’ll fit a Jailer or Slicer in somewhere in there.
- Priestess of Fury is hot.
- If you drop Kayn for another Priestess the deck is also dirt cheap to build.