Team 5 has committed to working harder on the client itself and adding a lot of features they meant over the years but were too busy because they worked on something else all the time. Instead of new game modes etc. they are apparently going to focus on improving the current player experience. So far, one patch was already released, letting players upgrade regular cards to their golden versions, make multiple card backs favorite at the same time and send deck codes through in-game chat more easily.
But Celestalon has shared their plans for some more features in his interview with NGA.CN website as well as during the latest Iksar’s Q&A session. Here are three new features that are currently being worked on:
- Create a deck with more than 30 cards during deck building. It will be invalid until you drop down to 30, but it will make the deck building process more streamlined because you will be able to add all the cards you need first and then see how many cuts you need to make.
- Random Hero portraits. Similar to multiple favorite card backs, they want players to be able to pick multiple favorite Heroes for each class and then the game will randomly switch between them each game.
- When creating Battlegrounds parties, the game will make automatic suggestions for friend invites.
We don’t know the timeline for those changes – the only one he teased is random Heroes, which will be released sometime during the next expansion cycle (so between August and December 2022).
Couple cool tidbits in this about upcoming little features:
– In BG parties, suggest friends to be invited.
– In deckbuilding, you can add more than 30 cards to the deck, it’s just an invalid deck until you drop back to 30. https://t.co/zkl1QXgJkD
— Celestalon (@Celestalon) May 16, 2022
Work is currently in progress on random hero portraits and is going well! Not quite sure which patch it’ll go into yet, probably sometime during next expansion cycle, if all goes well.
— Celestalon (@Celestalon) May 14, 2022