This week’s Tavern Brawl is “Blood Magic”!
Discuss this Tavern Brawl on our Discord!
Official Description for Blood Magic
How much are willing to sacrifice for power? All your spells will cost health instead of mana!
Blood Magic Chalkboard
- Earn a Standard card pack for your first win in this Brawl.
- This is the eighth time we see this Brawl (Blood Magic), and the fifth time we see it in a Wild format. Last time we’ve seen the Wild version was on November 16, 2022.
- It’s a PvP Brawl.
- Brawl’s format is Wild.
- It’s a build your own deck Brawl. Pick a class and build a regular decklist.
- The twist is that your spells cost health instead of mana. That’s why your deck should mostly consist of spells for obvious reasons.
- You can’t play spells if their casting cost would kill you – e.g. if you have 5 health, you can only use spells that cost 4 or less.
- Spells that draw cards are very important since you can cycle through your deck quickly for “free”. Preferably ones that both draw and gain life at the same time – e.g. Lay on Hands or Ultimate Infestation are amazing.
- Violet Illusionist is a way to prevent all damage on your turn, which means that all your spells will be free. However, you need to survive until Turn 3 to play it (or cheat it out), which is not always easy in such a volatile format.
- Then you need some sort of win condition – the Brawl is very combo-heavy. For some ideas, check out the list of decks below.
Blood Magic – Decks
Those are deck list ideas from the previous times this Brawl was around, but since it’s a Wild version, you can still play them. They should still work well, but they’re a bit outdated now. Post your decklists in the comments and I’ll feature them in this post!