This week’s Tavern Brawl is “Blood Magic”!
Discuss this Tavern Brawl on our Discord!
Official Description for Blood Magic – Standard
How much are willing to sacrifice for power? All your spells will cost health instead of mana!
Blood Magic – Standard Chalkboard
- Earn a Year of the Phoenix card pack for your first win in this Brawl.
- This is the fifth time we see this Brawl (Blood Magic), and the second time we see it in a Wild format. Last time we’ve seen the Wild version on February 15, 2017.
- It’s a PvP Brawl.
- Brawl’s format is Wild.
- It’s a build your own deck Brawl. Pick a class and build a regular decklist.
- The twist is that your spells cost health instead of mana. That’s why your deck should mostly consist of the spells for obvious reasons.
- You can’t play spells if their casting cost would kill you – e.g. if you have 5 health, you can only use spells that cost 4 or less.
- Spells that draw cards are very important since you can cycle through your deck quickly for “free”. Preferably ones that both draw and gain life at the same time – e.g. Lay on Hands or Overflow are amazing.
- Violet Illusionist is a way to prevent all damage on your turn, which means that all your spells will be free. However, you need to survive until Turn 3 to play it, which is not always easy in such volatile format.
- Then you need some sort of win condition – the Brawl is very combo-heavy. For some ideas, check out the list of decks below.
Blood Magic – Decks
We had some old decks here, but they were severely outdated since the Brawl last happened over 4 years ago. Post your decklists in the comments and I’ll feature them in this post!