This week’s Tavern Brawl is “A Less Friendly Game of Chess”!
Official Description for A Less Friendly Game of Chess
Things have gotten a little underhanded at Medivh’s Magical Chessboard. Bring 6 unique cards and hide them under the table, they could swing the match in your favor!
A Less Friendly Game of Chess Chalkboard
- You get one Classic card pack for your first victory this week.
- It’s the third time we see this Brawl. Last time we’ve seen it on July 31, 2019.
- It’s a PvP Brawl.
- Brawl’s format is Wild.
- It’s a build your own deck Brawl, although you only pick 6 different cards that will get into your deck alongside 14 Chess Pieces.
- The Brawl is a reference to the Karazhan’s Chess encounter. The game is all about positioning and trying to counter opponent’s pieces with your own.
- A lot of Chess Pieces have auto-attack – they attack the opposing minions at the end of their turn. Buffing those minions does NOT increase the amount of damage they deal (health buffs are still useful), but giving them Poisonous makes them kill opposing targets immediately.