Patch 21.3 releases tomorrow – September 21. On top of all the important Constructed changes (we’ve covered those here), Patch 21.3 also includes a ton of changes to Battlegrounds, as well as a couple of Duels & Arena updates and some bug fixes.
Battlegrounds players should be most excited, since the patch will shake up the meta considerably. Three of the most powerful Heroes (Master Nguyen, Galewing and Shudderwock) are getting nerfed alongside notable cards like Leapfrogger, Impatient Doomsayer and Whelp Smuggler. We’re also getting a bunch of buffs to underpowered strategies like Pirates and Quilboars.
In Duels, it moved some Passives that were performing too well to more rare pools and bans Voidtouched Attendant from deck creation.
In Arena, it disables Ramming Mount completely and makes a round of micro-adjustments too.
And finally, we’re getting a bunch of bug fixes, including some stability improvements.
Check out full patch notes below:
- Turn lengths have been reverted to their pre-21.2 times (turns 3-9 have been reduced by 5 seconds after they were temporarily increased by 5 seconds in Patch 21.2).
- Old: [Costs 0] → New: [Costs 2]
- Dungar’s Gryphon (Eastern Plaguelands Option)
- Old: In 5 turns, upgrade your Tavern Tier. → New: In 5 turns, your next Tavern Tier upgrade costs (5) less.
- Power of the Storm [Passive]
- Adjusted the odds of hero power offerings (no text changes).
- Defiant Shipwright has been removed from the minion pool.
- Southsea Captain has been returned to the minion pool.
- Old: [Tavern Tier 3] Avenge (3): Add a random Demon to your hand. → New: [Tavern Tier 4] Avenge (4): Add a random Demon to your hand.
- Old: [Tavern Tier 4] 7 Attack, 5 Health. Your other Demons have +3 Attack. Your Hero is Immune. → New: [Tavern Tier 3] 5 Attack, 4 Health. Your other Demons have +2 Attack. Your Hero is Immune.
- Old: Deathrattle: Give a friendly Beast +2/+2 and this Deathrattle. → New: Give a friendly Beast +1/+1 and this Deathrattle.
- Old: After this attacks, trigger a random friendly minion’s Deathrattle. → New: After this attacks, trigger another friendly minion’s Deathrattle.
- Old: [Tavern Tier 4] 6 Attack, 2 Health. → New: [Tavern Tier 5] 7 Attack, 3 Health.
- Old: 2 Attack, 4 Health. After a friendly Dragon gains Attack, give it +2 Health. → New: 2 Attack, 5 Health. After a friendly Dragon gains Attack, give it +1 Health.
- Old: Deathrattle: Give this minion’s maximum Health to a friendly minion. → New: Deathrattle: Give this minion’s maximum Health to another friendly minion.
Master of Realities
- Old: [Tavern Tier 6]. → New: [Tavern Tier 5].
- Old: 5 Attack, 3 Health. After a card is added to your hand, give another random Pirate +1/+1 → New: 6 Attack, 5 Health. After a card is added to your hand, give another friendly Pirate +1/+1.
Dev Comment: The text change portion of this change is just to clarify the card’s current, intended functionality. It does not represent any functional change.
- Old: 2 Attack, 2 Health. → New: 4 Attack, 4 Health.
- Old: 4 Attack, 4 Health. → New: 4 Attack, 5 Health.
Prophet of the Boar
- Old: 2 Attack, 3 Health. → New: 3 Attack, 3 Health.
- Old: 1 Attack, 4 Health. → New: 2 Attack, 4 Health.
- Old: 3 Attack, 3 Health. → New: 4 Attack, 4 Health.
- Old: 3 Attack, 4 Health. → New: 4 Attack, 5 Health.
- Old: At the end of your turn, play a Blood Gem on all other friendly minions. → New: At the end of your turn, play a Blood Gem on all friendly minions.
- Party Replacements, Rally the Troops, and Oops, All Spells! have all been moved from Passive Treasure Pool 2 to Pool 2 Ultra Rare.
- All Together Now has been moved from Passive Treasure Pool 1 to Pool 2.
- Voidtouched Attendant is now banned from deck creation.
Ramming Mount will no longer be draftable in Arena. Additionally, we discovered a bug with some card offering rates. We’ve addressed that bug and will be re-adjusting the offering rates to match the intended rates, which should help move all classes closer to the 50% class winrate.
Bug Fixes & Game Improvements
(UPDATED) Bug Fixes & Game Improvements
- Fixed a bug causing crashes when the friends list was opened.
- Fixed a bug where friends could sometimes not be challenged.
- Fixed a bug where Maestra of the Masquerade would sometimes have you start the game as a Rogue (not her best disguise).
- Fixed a bug that prevented Grand Magus Antonidas from hitting Stealth targets and resulted in Antonidas potentially hitting the caster’s own face if the enemy hero was in Stealth.
- Fixed a bug where Tradeable cards would keep enchantments if shuffled into your deck by something other than Tradeable.
- Fixed bugs where cards like Razormane Battleguard would not properly reduce the cost of cards after Celestial Alignment was played.
- Fixed a bug where Barrens Scavenger’s cost could be reduced below 1 while you had 10 or fewer cards in your deck.
- Fixed a bug where Highlord Fordragon would trigger on minions that were not in play.
- Fixed bugs where cards like Master of Realities and Whelp Smuggler would have an incorrect number of triggers.
- Fixed a bug where swapping a Tavern Tier 6 minion (such as with Arcane Alteration, Malygos’s Hero Power) would sometimes cause it to disappear.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused enemy Tavern Tiers to show as reset to Tavern Tier 1.
- (NEW) Fixed a bug where chat settings were not being saved in the Hearthstone client.