Patch 19.4 was just announced. It’s a massive update that will be released this Thursday, January 21. Here’s a quick roundup of the changes:
- Two new Battlegrounds Heroes – Tickatus and Greybough.
- Two new Battlegrounds Minions – Soul Devourer (Demon) and Ring Matron (Demon). Floating Watched has been removed from the pool.
- Darkmoon Races Mini-Set with 35 new cards – learn more about it here!
- Big Duels Update – New Hero Powers, Treasures etc. – you can find all of them here!
- New Arena rotation.
- Bug Fixes & QoL Improvements
- Book of Heroes: Anduin coming February 2.
Find full patch notes below:
The 19.4 patch, releasing on January 21, includes the new Darkmoon Races Mini-Set, new Heroes and Minions for Battlegrounds, a Mid-Season Update for Duels, an Arena rotation, bug fixes, and more!
NEW BATTLEGROUNDS HEROES
- Prize Wall [Passive]
- Every 4 turns, Discover a Darkmoon Prize.
- Sprout It Out! [Passive]
- Give +1/+2 and Taunt to minions you summon during combat.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to these new Heroes before they’re formally released on February 4.
NEW BATTLEGROUNDS MINIONS
- [Tier 3, Demon] 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Battlecry: Choose a friendly Demon. Remove it to gain its stats and 3 Gold.
- [Tier 4, Demon] 6 Attack, 4 Health
- Taunt. Deathrattle: Summon two 3/2 Imps.
MINION POOL UPDATE
- Floating Watcher has been removed from the Battlegrounds Minion pool.
The Darkmoon Races Mini-Set
Hearthstone’s first ever Mini-Set, The Darkmoon Races, features 35 unique cards—4 Legendary, 1 Epic (x2), 14 Rare (x2), and 16 Common (x2) for a total of 66 new cards that draw on familiar card mechanics from throughout the Year of the Phoenix! Collectible Darkmoon Races Mini-Set cards can be found in Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs, and the entire set is available for purchase from the in-game or web shop for $14.99 or 2000 Gold. Read more about the Darkmoon Races Mini-Set here!
The Duels Mid-Season Update will add 10 new Hero Powers, 25 new Signature Treasures (5 of which are Dual-Class), 4 new Passive Treasures, and 2 new Active Treasures on January 21! Heroic and Casual ratings will reset with the 19.4 patch, and new Achievements will become available for you to complete. Read more about the Duels Mid-Season Update here!
Dev Comment: There is a known issue where the countdown timer at the bottom of the Duels start screen is incorrect. Duels ratings will reset with the 19.4 patch on January 21.
When the 19.4 patch is released on January 21, the Arena will include cards from the following sets:
- Darkmoon Races Mini-Set
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Scholomance Academy
- Ashes of Outland
- Demon Hunter Initiate
- The Boomsday Project
- Journey to Un’goro
- One Night in Karazhan
Bug Fixes & Game Improvements
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Argent Braggart would not retain stat buffs when tripled.
- Fixed a bug where Malevolent Strike would not discount itself when created by Deck of Lunacy.
- Fixed a bug where losing control of a minion immediately when it comes into play (such as playing Silas Darkmoon on an empty board) would not correctly Corrupt cards in hand.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘created by’ tag on generated cards was showing up as ‘UNKNOWN ENTITY’ when played.
- Fixed a bug where Glinda Crowskin would not grant Echo to cards modified by Deck of Chaos.
- Fixed a visual bug where transforming a Dormant minion could make it appear to retain buffs while Dormant.
- Fixed a visual bug where Corrupted minions appeared to respawn on the board after being destroyed.
- Fixed a visual bug where viewing progress for quests such as Open the Waygate would no longer highlight cards in hand that did not start in your deck.
- Fixed a visual bug where Zombeasts in play only displayed card text for the first beast selection when using the Build-A-Beast Hero Power.
- Passive Treasures offered between matches in Duels should now present more options that are better suited for the class you’re playing.
Coming February 2 – Book of Heroes Anduin
Raised with the expectation he would follow in his father’s footsteps, Prince Anduin has instead forged his own way through the grace of the Light. He learned to wield holy magic as well as a sword, making him a unique figure among the royalty of Azeroth. Thus armed, Anduin has embarked on numerous adventures as far away as the storied realm of Pandaria and as close as the decaying ruins of Lordaeron.
Follow Anduin’s journey in the next installment of Hearthstone Book of Heroes, releasing on February 2! Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Priest Pack, containing only Priest cards from Standard!