It looks like Whispers of the Old Gods will indeed be the next expansion for Hearthstone. Whispers of the Old Gods will be the third expansion for Hearthstone, and will be the first official set added to the new Standard format. The set will include 134 new cards, 4 Old God legendaries, and 16 cards (cultists) that intract with C'Thun. Whispers of the Old Gods has a planned release date of late April or early May.
You can start theorycrafting decks with our Hearthstone Deck Builder!
- 134 New collectible cards
- Release date: April 26th, 2016
- Whispers of the Old Gods will be launched alongside the new Standard format
- You get 3 free packs for logging in during the Promotional period (we don’t know how long this will be)
- Your first pack will contain C'Thun and 2 copies of Beckoner of Evil
- C’Thun and the 16 cultist cards will NOT be available in Arena, but all the other cards will be.
Whispers of the Old Gods Pre-Order
Everyone will receive 3 free Whispers of the Old Gods packs for logging in during the release event. You will also receive a C'Thun card along with 2 copies of Beckoner of Evil for free. The Pre-Order starts on March 14th.
You will also be able to Pre-Purchase 50 Whispers of the Old Gods card packs for $49.99 (you can purchase these at a discount with Amazon Coins). Along with receiving the 50 packs at a discount, you will also receive this new C’Thun card back:
Whispers of the Old Gods Card List
Whispers of the Old Gods Release Date
Late April/Early May officially.
Whispers of the Old Gods Media/Trailer
Check out more art and information on the old gods after the jump!
Whispers of the Old Gods Key Art
Learn More About the Old Gods
If you don’t know much about WoW Lore you can read some of snippets below to learn more!
The Old Gods (also known as the Old-Gods, old lords of the earth, Gods Below, Old Ones, Elder Gods, elder beings, dark elders, dread elders, or Shath’Yar in their own language) are a group of eldritch horrors — closely connected to the Void — who ruled the planet of Azeroth as lords of the infamous Black Empire in the days before the titans arrived to shape and order it. The Pantheon shattered the Old Gods’ citadels and chained the five evil gods far beneath the surface of the world. If the Pantheon would have killed the Old Gods, then Azeroth would have been destroyed, possibly in an event that manifested as the Cataclysm. C’Thun feigned death and was sealed in a titan research station near Uldum. Yogg-Saron was imprisoned in Ulduar. At least Y’Shaarj was killed by the Pantheon, although its heart was preserved and later resurrected, but destroyed during the Siege of Orgrimmar. The titans could not defeat N’Zoth, whose exact location is unknown. Though chained or dead, their influence still corrupts mortals, and even immortals, to this day. [Source]
Old God: C’Thun
C’Thun is an Old God that created the qiraji and resides within the city of Ahn’Qiraj in Silithus. [Source]
Old God: Yogg-Saron
Yogg-Saron is a named Old God, one of the mysterious and dreaded elder beings that were defeated and sequestered by the Titans during Azeroth’s primordial ages. Upon their fall at the hands of the Pantheon countless millennia ago, Yogg-Saron was imprisoned inside a Titan complex within the depths of what would become the continent of Northrend. [Source]
Old God: N’Zoth
N’Zoth is an Old God, one of several malefic beings that were sequestered by the Titans during Azeroth’s primordial ages. [Source]
Old God: Y’Shaarj
Y’Shaarj (pronounced Yah-Sha-Raj) was the most powerful and wicked of the Old Gods, eldritch horrors who threatened the world of Azeroth millennia ago. Y’Shaarj was said to be the only Old God to have been killed by the Titans. Its heart was imprisoned in a vault beneath the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and later found and restored by Garrosh Hellscream, who then transported it to Orgrimmar’s Underhold. The heart was used by Garrosh to increase his power during the final battle of the Siege of Orgrimmar. As Garrosh was defeated, the heart and its power dissipated, leaving nothing left of Y’Shaarj’s corrupting influence. [Source]
Whispers of the Old Gods Leaks
This is an even more significant leak, as found by Reddit user oskuro! A Spanish website published an article a bit too early, and with it came some new information that adds to what we already know.
They have taken down the article, but you can view it via Google Cache.
Here are the most relevant parts of the article:
- 134 new cards
- 4 God cards with C’Thun as the “Head” God (Other gods likely Yogg-Saron, N’Zoth, and Y’Shaarj)
- The Whispers of the gods will “contaminate” other minions (possibly minions already on the board or in your hand)
- 16 cards will interact and/or buff the God cards
Standard Mode will be introduced next week! (This likely means after the announcement on March 11th.)
- Edit: Blizzard has given word to the moderators of the Hearthstone subreddit that Standard and Wild Mode will actually come out with the expansion: “PSA: I just received word from Blizzard clarifying that the Standard and Wild formats ARE NOT going live with next week’s patch. The formats will only be added along with the release of the expansion, which, as mentioned in the post, is late April/early May.” [Source]
- God cards (C’Thun at least) are 10 Mana, 6 Attack with 6 Health and will be buffed by the other cards
- The expansion release date will be late April/Early May
An image of the side of the mural has been found by Reddit user Panqueque!
Whispers of the Old Gods Logo
Whispers of the Old Gods Speculation
Clues Found on the Official Hearthstone Site
Just about every time an adventure or expansion is released there’s a clue on the website in one shape or another. The Grand Tournament had a falling sword appear, Curse of Naxxramas had cobwebs on the site, and Blackrock Mountain had a floating elemental. The other thing Blackrock Mountain had, was a change in the cards that appeared on the home page:
This was changed recently which was discovered on Reddit: