Patch 23.4 went live a few hours ago, and just like every major patch, it dropped with a bunch of bugs. However, this time they seem to be a bit more severe than usually – on top of the regular stuff we see every patch, some of the cards – namely Snapdragon and Bioluminescence – have a much stronger effect than they should, making them quite overpowered. While I don’t think that anyone will get banned for using them… please don’t, facing people who abuse bugs is really not fun.
While some of the bugs have already been fixed (for example, Tyrael is back in the shop), others are sadly still here and we’re waiting for the hotfix to get rid of them.
You can find a full list of bugs below, I’ll keep updating it:
Follow this thread for information about known issues with Patch 23.4, launching today.
Patch 23.4 will be launching with the following known issues:
- Reno Jackson’s Treasure Inspector Equipment in Mercenaries will occasionally fail to cast anything. The team is working on this issue.
- Opening certain Wild-only packs will cause a crash on Android devices. This issue is expected to be fixed in the next major patch. In the meantime, those packs can be opened without any issue on PC and iOS devices.
- [Updated 6/1]: Favorite card back selections are not locking. As this issue is wider in scope than initially thought, the team is working on resolving this issue in an upcoming hotfix patch.
- [Resolved 6/1]: We are aware that Tyrael was a little late to show up, but he’s made it now. You can now claim you free Tyrael Mercenary Card in the shop!
- [Resolved 6/1]: The team is aware that some players got Tyrael portraits as their free Tyrael claim instead of the base Tyrael Mercenary card. The bug causing this issue has been resolved.
- [Resolved 6/1]: We are aware that an additional copy of Remote-Controlled Golem has been added to the collection. It is part of solo content and was not supposed to be made collectible. We are temporarily blocking certain packs from being opened (Standard, Golden Standard, Stormwind, and Golden Stormwind) while we work on removing the extra copy of Remote-Controlled Golem from the collectible card pool. We will re-allow those packs to be opened, and correct any players who received the card, once the issue has been resolved. 6/1 Update: we are currently in the process of rolling out a hotfix that will resolve this underlying issue and re-enable affected pack openings. The hotfix patch is expected to take approximately an hour to be released to all regions. Players affected by this bug prior to it being resolved will be addressed at a later time.
- [Added 6/1]: The team is aware that the Mercenaries Campaign Task “Whispers of the Old Gods: Task 4” can’t be completed as written. It currently is tied to the Captain Shivers Bounty, instead of the Acolyte of N’Zoth Bounty. This will be fixed in a hotfix planned for later this week, but in the meantime you can progress by heading to Captain Shivers.
- [Added 6/1]: The team is aware that the Thrall, Son of Durotan skin is missing from some players’ collections. The team is investigating the issue and the fix to it.
- [Added 6/1]: The team is aware that Bioluminescence and Snapdragon are not working as intended. They will be fixed in a hotfix patch scheduled for later this week.
- [Added 6/1]: The team is aware of a visual bug with Baine Bloodhoof’s Herbal Ancestry Equipment (Chain Heal will state it will heal 20, but it will actually heal for the correct amount based on that Ability and Equipment level).
- [Added 6/1]: The team is aware of a bug with Lord Barov and Diablo. To avoid the issue, Lord Barov will be temporarily disabled while Diablo is back in Battlegrounds.
We will update this thread throughout the patch period as we have more information to share.