Update: The patch (and the mini-set) is now live on both PC and mobile. Enjoy!
Blizzard just posted full patch notes for the upcoming 26.4 update. It should release tomorrow (May 31, 2023) around 10 AM PT / 19:00 CET. The patch’s biggest feature is the new mini-set, but it adds some other things on top of that. Here’s a quick summary of what you can expect from it:
- Audiopocalypse – Festival of Legends mini-set is out tomorrow, with 38 brand new cards. Just like always, you can buy the entire thing for real money, gold or open it in card packs. Check out all of the new cards here.
- Epic Duels of Rock in-game event – From June 6 to June 20, a brand new in-game event will run, this time with 3 card packs as rewards (Standard, March of the Lich King and Festival of Legends).
- Diablo Returns – Diablo IV is launching very soon, so it’s a perfect opportunity for Blizzard to bring Diablo back to Hearthstone. He’s back in a special Tavern Brawl (with a new Lilith Card Back as a reward), as well as a Battlegrounds and Duels Hero (both for a limited time).
- New Battlegrounds Heroes – Inge, the Iron Hymn and Cap’n Hoggar will now be available as new Battlegrounds Heroes.
- New Arena Season – Starting on May 31, all current Arena runs will end and a new season will launch. The new season is (sadly) exactly the same as the current one, just with Audiopocalypse mini-set added.
- Battle of the Bands – Brand new, Dungeon Run-style Tavern Brawl will launch on June 21 (and then be repeated on June 28). It’s a PvE Brawl where you face against 7 random musicians to then fight against the E.T.C. himself. You get one Standard pack for the first win and one Festival of Legends packs for full clear (each week has separate rewards).
- Bug Fixes & Game Improvements – Just like every major patch, 26.4 will also drop with a bunch of bug fixes and small game improvements. Probably the biggest one is making all of the old Adventures available in shop for Gold. Previously you could only purchase them for real money.
If you want to read more, check out full patch notes below:
Patch 26.4 brings the Audiopocalypse Mini-Set, Diablo appearances across game modes, and more!
The Audiopocalypse is Upon Us!
The Festival of Legends has rocked on, and on, and on. The local Grimtotem Tauren have grown tired of the racket! Now they and their leader, Magatha, have come to not just shut down the show, but to snuff out all music on Azeroth! The fate of music is in your hands.
Dual-class cards, Remixed cards, and E.T.C. himself are on the setlist for this Mini-Set of 38 all-new cards to add to your collection. Get them in Festival of Legends packs, or as a complete 72-card* Mini-Set. Get the normal version in-game for $14.99 or 2000 Gold, or get the all-Golden version for $69.99 or 10,000 Gold. The all-Golden version also comes with a bonus Diamond copy of the Magatha, Bane of Music Legendary minion!
* 4 Legendary cards, 1 Epic card (x2), 17 Rare cards (x2), and 16 Common cards (x2).
Special Event – Epic Duels of Rock Legends
You’ve been challenged to an Epic Rock Duel! Will you step up to the stage? From June 6 to June 20, complete Event Quests to earn Event XP on a special event rewards track. Complete the rewards track for one Standard Pack, one March of the Lich King Pack, and one Festival of Legends Packs!
Special Returning Tavern Brawl: The Dark Wanderer
On June 7 and June 14, we’re bringing back a special Diablo-themed Tavern Brawl! Face off against the mysterious Dark Wanderer in this epic boss battle where progression is saved after a loss and the stakes are raised each fight!* The first time you Defeat Diablo, you’ll earn a special Lilith card back!
*Progression is saved within each week’s Tavern Brawl, not across both weeks. This is one Tavern Brawl run twice in a row, not a 2-week long Tavern Brawl. Your first time defeating Diablo each week will grant you one Standard Pack.
New Tavern Brawl: Battle of the Bands
On June 21, with a second encore performance on June 28, we’re running a new, special dungeon-run style Tavern Brawl! You play as a fan turned musician, trying to win their way onto the main stage! Face off against 7 randomized musical acts on your way to the final battle against E.T.C. himself.
Each week, you get one Standard pack for your first win and one Festival of Legends pack for your first full clear.
Inge, the Iron Hymn (15 Armor)
- Major Hymn
- [0 Gold] Give a minion Attack equal to your Tavern Tier. (Swaps to Health next turn!)
- Minor Hymn
- [0 Gold] Give a minion Health equal to your Tavern Tier. (Swaps to Attack next turn!)
Cap’n Hoggarr (10 Armor)
- I’m the Cap’n Now
- [Passive] After you buy a Pirate, gain 1 Gold.
New heroes will be guaranteed in every game for the first 2 weeks after launch.
The lord of terror is back for a limited time! From June 5-7, Diablo will be available in every game, before he is removed from the hero pool once again.
Diablo (10 Armor)
- Realm of Terror
- [Passive] Every 4 turns, ALL enemies fight the Lord of Terror and your warband for loot.
New Epic Emotes!
Battlegrounds Emotes are getting even more emotive. Introducing new Battlegrounds Epic Emotes! Epic Emotes are animated emotes that can be equipped in place of your base Battlegrounds emotes.
Diablo has returned to Duels for a limited time! Diablo’s back and more menacing than ever! Diablo has all his original Hero Powers and Signature Treasures, fully unlocked. He also has one new Signature Treasure:
Journey to the East
- [1 Mana Spell] Quest: Take 25 damage on your turns. Reward: Add Uber Diablo to your hand.
- [6 Mana Hero Card, 6 Armor] Battlecry: Deal 6 damage to ALL enemies. Shuffle an Uber Apocalypse into your deck. Draw 3 cards.
- Hero Power: [3 Mana] Gain 3 Attack this turn. Gain 3 Armor.
- [8 Mana Fire Spell] Destroy all minions. Enemy characters take double damage for the rest of the game.
New Active Treasure
The Stone of Jordan [Pool 1]
- [2 Mana Spell] Gain +2 Attack this turn only. Draw 2 cards and give any spells drawn Spell Damage +1.
New Arena Season
On May 31, when the Audiopocalypse begins, all current Arena runs will end and a new Arena season will begin. The eligible sets will rotate so that the following sets will make up the Arena card pool:
- Voyage to the Sunken City
- Murder at Castle Nathria
- March of the Lich King
- Path of Arthas
- Festival of Legends (including the new Audiopocalypse Mini-Set)
Bug Fixes & Game Improvements
- [General] Hover-over text now dynamically updates in real time, instead of requiring an un-hover and re-hover to update.
- [Hearthstone] Added to and improved Signature card tooltips.
- [Hearthstone] Photographer Fizzle’s Snapshot will now grant cards when recast by cards like Grand Magister Rommath.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Tony, King of Piracy shuffled decks when swapping them. He’s a pirate, not a magician.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where a minion granted Masked Reveler’s Deathrattle would check for “not Masked Reveler” instead of “not this minion.”
- [Battlegrounds] Lord Barov has been temporarily removed from the Hero Pool due to a bug; he will be returned to the Hero Pool in an upcoming hotfix patch.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Elemental of Surprise would sometimes be a little too surprising, by triggering a triple at a time when the triple effect is supposed to be suppressed until the next shop phase.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where certain Strikes did not have preview videos.
- [Progression] Fixed a bug blocking loaner deck grants for some new/returning players.
- [Progression] Improved display of rewards, including class progression and monthly ranked rewards.
- [Achievements] Diamond Zephrys the Great has been returned to his spot in the Achievements and is ready to offer you the perfect Boulderfist Ogre.
- [Achievements] Fixed a bug where the “Friend of a Friend” achievement did not track.
- [Achievements] Updated Mercenaries Achievements that could no longer be completed after Mode updates.
- [Shop] Time for an adventure! All old Hearthstone Adventures are now available in the in-game Shop for Gold.