Captain Hooktusk is one of the nine bosses you will face in the Rumble Run! Learn some tips and tricks on how-to defeat her, a list of her shrines, and the cards she’ll be using to try and take you down!
How Rumble Run Bosses Work
In the Rumble Run, you will face eight different bosses out of a total of nine. Why is it eight? Because once you pick a shrine, you will not fight against that team/class. So, if you pick a Shaman Shrine, you will not face off against the leader of the Krag’wa’s Frogs, Zentimo.
These bosses will be thrown at you at random. Each time you play, you will face a different order of bosses. That means the difficulty of each boss varies depending on what position you face them. If you fight them early on in the Rumble, they will be a lot easier than they would be if you faced them last.
Captain Hooktusk is the leader of the Rogue team called Gral’s Sharks.
The Dirty Cheats. In a competition known for having no rules, the Sharks still manage to find ways to cheat. It’s kind of impressive. They’re vicious, brutal, and devious, and those are their good qualities.
Captain Hooktusk’s Shrines
Each time you face Captain Hooktusk she will be using one of the following Shrines. These are the same Shrines you will get the option of using when you start up a new run.
- Bottled Terror: Your other minions have Stealth. Deathrattle: Give your minions +2 Attack.
- Pirate's Mark: After you cast a spell, cast it again (on the same target).
- Treasure from Below: At the start of your turn, steal a card from your opponent’s deck. It costs (2) less.
Captain Hooktusk’s Cards
We’ll add more possible cards in the future, but these are some the unique to Rumble Run cards you will be playing against!
- Lobstrok Tastetester: After you cast a spell, draw a spell from your deck. It costs (2) less.
- Parrot Mascot: Combo: Add a copy of each card you’ve played this turn to your hand.
- Pesky Rascal: Immune. Start of Game: Draw this.
- Raging Contender: Rush. Deathrattle: Fill your board with random Pirates.
- Salty Looter: Battlecry and Deathrattle: Steal a card from your opponent’s hand.
- Sharktoothed Harpooner: Battlecry: If you’re holding any cards that didn’t start in your deck, reduce their Cost by (4).
How-to Defeat Captain Hooktusk – Tips & Tricks
This boss uses a mixture of Rogue and Hunter card high-tempo cards to battle you. You are probably going to be trying to stabilize the board until the mid-to-late game, unless you have accumulated a strong enough early-game deck. His deck also contains Tess Greymane, which makes it a good idea to keep track of enemy battlecries so you can be prepared (as prepared as one can be).
Pirates and Hunter spells are the thing you are going to be ffacing against, along with 1 of 3 shrines that is geared towards giving the boss a lot of tempo. You should be looking to remove the shrine with every opportunity, as they are not that difficult to remove, thankfuly.
- Bottled Terror: This one is tricky, as it does not allow you to deal with the enemy’s monsters and must be killed last when clearing the board.
- Pirate's Mark: This is a really good tempo tool, allowing the boss to remove bigger minions or double down on AoE and offensive buffs.
- Treasure from Below: The most deadly of the 3, this shrine takes your deck’s power and turns it against you, with a discount! You must deal with it at all costs.
Since the boss plays like a tempo-deck, it can be a good idea to play a more proactive role and establish a good board, before he can. You should be mindful of Direhorn Stomper, which can snowball really quickly and leave you wondering what exactly happened. Remember that the AI always prioritizes your shrine first, so try and take advantage of that if and when you can.