This week’s Tavern Brawl is “Battle of Tol Barad”!
Discuss this Tavern Brawl on our Discord!
Official Description for Battle of Tol Barad
Magical creatures are escaping from Tol Barad! Play a minion and get a random spell of the same cost, but for free!
Battle of Tol Barad Chalkboard
- You get one Classic card pack for winning your first game this week.
- It’s the fourth time we see this Brawl. Last time we’ve seen it on February 8, 2017.
- It’s a PvP Brawl.
- The Brawl’s format is Wild.
- It’s a Constructed Brawl. You pick a class and build your own deck.
- Whenever you play a minion, you get a random spell of the same cost (but it costs 0). E.g. when playing a 1-drop, you get a random 1 mana spell from any class, but if you play a 5-drop, you get a random 5 mana spell (BUT, again, you can play it for free).
- That’s why you want to maintain a solid curve. You can’t play only small minions, because you will end up with a bunch of cheap, useless spells. Ideally you want to have a 1-2-3-4 etc. curve and hope for some good spells.
- The spells aren’t cast immediately – you get them in your hand, so you can control the target etc. Since they cost 0, it also means that any minions that have good spell synergy (such as Gadgetzan Auctioneer, for example) are stronger.
- Of course, the Brawl is very random – sometimes you will get a bunch of useless spells while your opponent gets strong buff sand removal and you won’t be able to do anything. But that’s the story of heavily RNG Brawls like this one.
Battle of Tol Barad Deck Lists
No deck lists yet. We’ll post some when we find them (you can also share yours in the comments).