EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Battlegrounds Cup will be played between October 16 and 18. 16 Battlegrounds players will compete for their share of $10,000 prize pool.
Competitors will include 8 invited, well known community members, as well as the highest ranked Battleground players from eligible countries as of September 28. Qualified players will get paired with invited players and split into 8 teams, competing in private lobbies. Two best performing teams from each day will get qualified for Sunday play-offs, when they will play eight more matches to determine the final positions.
More information will come soon, but if you’re from one of the eligible countries and you have a pretty high Battlegrounds rating, you might try to grind some more ranks to qualify!
Read more below:
Are you ready to take on the top Hearthstone Battlegrounds players in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa? The first EMEA Battlegrounds Cup is here! The 16 best Battlegrounds players will compete from October 16-18 for their share of a $10,000 (USD) prize pool. Competitors will consist of eight known members of the Hearthstone community and eight of the top European Ladder players. If you think you have what it takes to prove you’re one of the best Battlegrounds players, here is how the Cup works:
- Ladder invites will be based on the top players as of September 28.
- Eligible countries can be found in the Rules.
- Each Ladder player will be paired with a community invited player, favoring players of the same country/language.
- The eight pairs will be split into Division A and Division B.
- Division A will compete on Friday to determine the top 2 teams advancing to the Sunday playoffs.
- Division B will compete on Saturday to determine the top 2 teams advancing to the Sunday playoffs.
- Each day will consist of teams competing in multiple private lobbies, with points given to each individual based on placement.
- Top 2 teams each day based on combined points will advance to play eight lobbies on Sunday.
- Prizing will be distributed to the top 4 teams:
- Team 1: $5,000 (USD) – $2,500 each
- Team 2: $2,400 (USD) – $1,200 each
- Team 3: $1,600 (USD) – $800 each
- Team 4: $1,000 (USD) – $500 each
We’ll have more information, including casters, final players and teams, and how to watch, in the coming weeks. For more information, see the rules here. For now, be sure to catch the final weeks of Hearthstone Grandmasters 2020 Season 2, only on YouTube. Good luck, have fun, and we’ll see you in the Tavern!