The Knights of the Frozen Throne is coming to Hearthstone in August, and with it comes a new type of card that looks to occupy your deck! The Death Knight Hero Card is new and likely exclusive to Knights of the Frozen Throne and our guide will get you acquainted with this new card type and will be updated as soon as other hero cards are revealed!
Death Knight Hero General Information
Death Knight Hero Cards are a totally new type of card, they aren’t a spell or a minion so cards like Counterspell (works on spells) or Mirror Entity (works on minions) will not effect these cards. Each of the cards comes with a Battlecry, five Armor, and a brand new Hero Power!
Another unique thing about these Hero Cards is that you will only transform into the particular hero from the card. If you were to steal Deathstalker Rexxar from a Hunter player with Priest, you would turn into Deathstalker Rexxar when you played the card and not a Death Knight version of Priest.
A lot of people compared these cards to Lord Jaraxxus and Majordomo Executus, but the big difference is that Hero Cards do not change your Health and this means Jarxxus and Executus will not have their type changed.
Death Knight Hero Cards also have all new emotes for that particular hero. I expect them to sound quite evil!
- Each Death Knight Hero Card comes with 5-Armor.
- Not all Death Knight Hero Cards will cost 6-Mana. [Source]
- All Death Knight Hero Cards come with a unique Hero Power. [Source]
Death Knight Hero Cards
When playing Deathstalker Rexxar you receive the new Hero Power: Build-a-Beast. When used you will discover two beasts and combine them together to create a new beast with all the stats of both creatures sewn together: mana cost, attack, health, and card text. The card is then added to your hand.
- When building a Beast you will not be given a choice of Beast that costs more than 5 mana (because the mana cost would be above 10 and mostly unplayable). No Savannah Highmane combinations unfortunately! [Source]
- The first card you get to choose from are cards with text, and the second is cards with Keywords or are Vanilla (no text)! [Source]
- The odds of receiving a Hunter or Neutral Beast card to choose from are equal. [Source]
Watch Deathstalker Rexxar in Action
Icy Touch allows you to Deal 1 Damage and if it kills a minion it will summon a Water Elemental!
Plague Lord allows you to choose either +3 Attack for the turn, or to Gain 3 Armor!
Voidform allows you to deal 2 damage and after you play a card your Hero Power is refreshed!
Transmute Spirit allows you to transform a friendly minion into a random one that costs (1) more!
The Four Horsemen allows you to summon a 2/2 Horseman, and if you have all 4 Horsemen on the board you DESTROY the enemy hero!
- You can only copy 5-Mana or less cards with Shadow Reflection.
- A new Shadow Reflection is added to your hand every turn. It will disappear at the end of your turn.
- The copied card will not carry over cost reduction effects like from Emperor Thaurissan.
- You get a Shadow Reflection the turn you play Valeera. You could use this to play something like an extra Arcane Giant.
Watch Savjz reveal the card and show a bit of gameplay with it: