The Boomsday Project is the second expansion coming out in the Year of the Raven! Our expansion guide will feature card spoiler list, gameboard art, card backs, general artwork, and more! I’ll be updating this guide immediately following the release of any new information.
- Release Date – August 7, 2018.
- First Card Reveal Stream – July 23, 2018.
- New Keyword – Magnetic – Minions with “Magnetic” can be played normally, or fused with another Mech. Fusing Mechs will add their stats and effects together, similarly to how Zombeasts work!
- Legendary Spells!
- Two Pre-Purchase Options – Regular and MEGA BUNDLE. Regular one contains 50 card packs, a random Golden Legendary, and a Mecha-Jaraxxus Card Back. MEGA BUNDLE contains 30 extra packs and a new Warlock Hero – MECHA-JARAXXUS! This is available NOW!
- Free Stuff: When the expansion goes live, you will receive a random class Legendary minion and three packs just for logging in!
More Information & Guides
- New Mechanic: Magnetic Keyword Guide
- Single-Player: Puzzle Lab Guide
- The Boomsday Project Desktop and Mobile Wallpapers
Eager applicants can pre-purchase The Boomsday Project card packs from two bundles: a 50-pack bundle that also includes one free golden Legendary and the Mecha-Jaraxxus card back, and the 80-pack Mega Bundle that includes a free golden Legendary, as well as the Mecha-Jaraxxus Warlock Hero, in addition to the Mecha-Jaraxxus card back. These one-time-only bundles are available on any platform for $49.99 and $79.99, respectively (players can purchase each bundle only once per account).
The Boomsday Project Visual Card Guide & Spoilers List
There will be 135 new cards in The Boomsday Project expansion. Below you will find cards sorted by class and a visual look at what is still left to reveal.
Most Recently Revealed Cards from The Boomsday Project
The Puzzle Lab
The Boomsday Project is a scientific endeavor of maddening scope, so Dr. Boom is calling in everyone to help . . . including interns! All the wacky science being done at the Boom Labs—not to mention the blatant disregard for ethics and safety— has resulted in quite a mess, and someone’s got to clean it up.
In The Boomsday Project’s single-player mode, The Puzzle Lab, players can earn Dr. Boom’s favor by solving over 100 different mind-boggling puzzles. Players will be have to wrestle with a variety of brain-teasers that’ll put their wits to the test, like Lethal puzzles, which challenge them to make a match-winning play with a specific board state, or Survival puzzles, which task them to stay alive against stacked odds with scant tools at their disposal. Bright researchers who survive the gauntlet will earn a one-on-one with Dr. Boom himself, at his personal workshop.
The Puzzle Lab opens on August 21.
Each one of these experiments requires you to complete each puzzle based on the theme of the experiment. Here’s a list and description of the themes:
- Lethal (Destroy the enemy hero): In this experiment, the assistant is tasked with neutralizing the opponent in one turn using the cards at their disposal. We expect this will provide valuable insights into the destructive properties of many of our inventions.
- Mirror (Create a perfectly mirrored battlefield): These tasks challenge the assistant to create a board state where both sides are perfect mirror images of each other: minion positioning, health, attack, etc. This should yield plentiful data on various means of board manipulation.
- Board Clear (Clear the battlefield of minions): Pretty straightforward: clear the board of all minions. Our research suggests that minions play an important role in winning matches, and this set of challenges will help us better understand how to get rid of them.
- Survival (Survive the enemy Hero Power): Finally, the Survival trial requires the test subject to restore their own health in order to survive their opponent’s next onslaught. A recent study has shown that dropping to zero health inversely correlates with winning games, and this experiment will further explore that relationship.
Boomsday Reveal Trailer
Boomsday Gameplay Video
Mecha-Jaraxxus Card Back – Pre-Purchase The Boomsday Project
Puzzle Lab Card Back – Earned by Completing The Puzzle Lab
Full Card Art
Here’s a bunch of full card art from The Boomsday Project. We’ll be adding more as it’s released, so be sure to check back often. Click an image to enlarge!
The key art usually sets the theme of the expansion. It gives the designers a good idea of the feel of the set, so they can model their artwork after it.